- advertisement -

A great story I wanted to share

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have a very good friend who has Autism. One of the things they use as a tool to work with him (as a reward) is video clips of the tenor, Andrea Bocelli. I had to share because it is so uplifting and shows how wonderful people are out there. This is his story:

It was just a small thing; the kind that often goes unnoticed. But this one didn?t. It involved Jeff , a specialized Para professional who works everyday with a fourth grade student. It is Jeff?s third year working with G. Jeff is part of a team that is helping G learn. G is diagnosed with autism; a non-verbal form. G is not able to express his wants and needs using his own voice.
    One of the activities G loves most is to be able to listen to Andrea Bocelli, the world renowned tenor from Tuscan, Italy. G mom, said that G has always loved to listen to Bocelli, even in infancy, before G was diagnosed with autism. She said ?G would walk around the house with the earphones on listening to the tenor. He especially loves the You Tube video of Bocelli with Elmo! There is just something about his voice that speaks to G. ?
    The connection does not stop here. Andrea Bocelli suffered an adolescent illness which resulted in the complete loss of his vision. Bocelli has said, ?I have reckoned with a double gift, both elements of which are completely absorbing.? Bocelli?s gift of voice, and of blindness; at work in tandem to create an unforgettable man.
    Jeff knew he could give voice to G through the great tenor. In writing to Andrea Bocelli, he spoke of G?s special connection to his music. He received an overwhelming and immediate response from Bocelli?s management team. Absolutely! Andrea Bocelli would love to have G and his family attend the concert as his guests, reserving three front row center tickets for G and his parents, along with a special invitation to meet with the world famous tenor backstage.
    Going the extra step, reaching out to others, utilizing what works for who it works for. It?s a small thing. On December 5, 2010 G will have the voice that is recognized around the world as a gift of beauty, grace, and accomplishment. Bravo,G, bravo!

Author?s Note: While researching information for this article, I asked mom how they were getting to Boston to see the concert ? she replied that they were ?just driving?. Through the generosity of xxxx Limousine, a limousine has been obtained for them for their very special evening.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

That is so awesome....:cwds::cwds:

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

What a great story!! I hope the family has a wonderful time!:)

4. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

5. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

That's so amazing. It was like I was reading a story about my own son. Andy has listened to Adrea Bocelli since he was a baby and we often use the you-tube videos to put him to sleep. Now, it seems to be one of the only things that will calm him down when he is bouncing off the walls. We often talk about how it would be great to see him in concert. I will be getting tickets for sure if and when he ever comes to Seattle!

6. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

Wow, what a great story. Please update us after the concert! I too love Bocelli's music. Sounds like he is a wonderful person as well. Jeff sound's pretty great also!

Deb