- advertisement -

A few days of MDI.....

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Jun 29, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Ugh. Yesterday I ran out of cartridges for my pump because animas only sent one box of 10 with my ping, and I haven't recieved another order yet. So although I have plenty of infusion sets, I can't put any more insulin in my pump. :( So I have to break out the lantus and syringes until my order comes in. I already miss my pump!!!! It's so shocking to go back to MDI and to be reminded of how annoying it is. A shot here, a shot there. It is definetly not the right treatment for me. I know it works for some people, but I don't know how I ever mangaged without my pump. I've been high all day! :eek: I can't wait for those cartridges to get here.

2. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I don't know if it works with the Ping, but with my MM I can re-use a reservoir if I really had to. I would do that rather than go back to MDI. With the MM you twist off the top of the reservoir and the plunger. If I needed to I could screw them back on to use the reservoir again. Does that makes sense? Maybe that would work with the Ping ones too?

3. k.hawkins92

I thought of that, however I threw away the plunger and needle that screw on after I used them, thinking I had more cartridges. If I had realized that was my last one, I would have kept them so I could re-use it. :)

4. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

take a syringe and put insulin in the reservoir that way? i dont know if that works with animas, but worth a try.

ETA: just tried with my mm reservoirs and it works perfectly fine.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Yeah, I do that with my MM reservoirs if I'm out and realise I'm low on insulin.

I wasn't sure if it would work with animas, though, I think they have a different type of connection?

6. Allyson94

Allyson94 Approved members

I just tried with the Animas reservoirs and it works fine:D

7. k.hawkins92

Ahhh, I didn't even think of that. Thanks guys! :)