- advertisement -

911 diabetes call eek please reply

Discussion in 'Kids' started by ncstategirl8, May 29, 2011.

1. ncstategirl8

ncstategirl8 Approved members

:eek::eek::eek:ok so my alc when up another 2 point at first it was 6 then it was 8 then it was 10 and now its 12.9 eeeeekkk:eek: when i was diagnosed it was only 13.2 help but another thing is im not as active as i was when i wasnt diabetic. please reply

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Here's my reply from the other thread you posted in:

Jayden, do you have any idea why it's gone up so much? To try and get it down a bit, it might help to think about why it's happened.

These are a few things you could think about. Do you have many highs at the same time of day? A lot of swings from high to low and back? Or are you just high most of the time? How many times per day are you checking your blood sugar?

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

You don't need to be active to get a low A1c- you need to take enough insulin at about the right times. Did the endo have advice? When are you taking insulin? How are you checking to see if it's enough?

4. josmom

josmom Approved members

ok, don't freak out. i did this trick and it actually lowered my a1c. test your blood sugar one more time then you normally do. then try to test two more times then u normally do. it actually works because you will be in more control of ur bg when u know what it is. good luck!:D

5. HumanWaffle

HumanWaffle Approved members

Lantus is right. You don't have to be active to have a good A1C, it helps, but it is not necessary. What you really need to do is work with someone who can cooperate with you to make you blood sugars lower by figuring out how much insulin you need at times. For example, my uncle, who has type 1 also, he has made a chart, basically an insulin to carb chart based on his blood sugar.

Hope I helped!
    -Human Waffle