- advertisement -

9 Good things about being diabetic...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by LiveLaughLove, Mar 31, 2012.

1. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove Approved members

well, as everyone knows, diabetes isnt always sunsine and roses :) but, there is a bright side to everything. sooooo i wanted to list some things that (hopefully) will make it seem easier to deal with! well here it goes:
    1.) you get to go in front of everyone at the amusement parks
    2.) you get to leave in the middle of class (and i have to take someone with me whenever my sugar is low)
    3.)the look on teachers face when they think you have your cell phone out in class, but its really ur pump/meter
    4.)getting to look like freaking superman when you say shots dont bug you
    5.) inspiring people, even if you dont realize it
    6.)FRUIT SNACKS!!!!! my favorite way to get my sugar up ;)
    7.)knowing way more about the human body thatn your friends
    8.)well, this is weird but i was watching "are you smarter than a fifth grader" (or maybe it was that board game version?) and the million dollar question was "what organ produces insulin?" and i started flipping out cuz i knew the answer
    9.)free pump skins
    sooo yeah if you have anymore, please add:)

2. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

lets see...

10)bullying defense: seriously, who in their right mind would pick on a kid that they KNOW carries a wide range of sharp, pointy objects?
    11) I get to laugh a people who are scared of needles
    12) eating in class
    13) Epic mental math skills. Sure, the some nerds might be better at calculus, but having to count carbs and figure insulin for the past 14 years has made most math with 3 or less digits really simple! (I've saved the day so many times at McDonald's lol)

3. Courtneyjensen

Courtneyjensen Approved members

where do you get free pump skins??

4. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove Approved members

my endo gives them to me:)

5. theMask

theMask Approved members

14. I made a newly diagnosed I know in real life feel better. They knew they werent alone when I showed them my meter

15. I watch my health more closely then if I werent diabetic! :cool:

6. Type1Personality

Type1Personality Approved members

16) If you cover for desert, your mom HAS to let you eat it. ;)

7. Hollywoodstar

Hollywoodstar New Member

Type1Personality

Hahaha! Thats funny :) I used to be able to get away with that with my mom, but now she'll just make me eat something else healthy that covers the carbs ;p

8. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

17) The feeling of reward when you have worked really hard to lower your hbA1c and it's all paid off.
    18) When a buly waves chocolate in your face so you snatch it off them and eat it all....then burning it off running away

the dessert is a good one but my Mum is too quick:( she makes me dial after food unless i'm high and then she dials it to stop me doing the dessert thing