- advertisement -

6 year anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MySweethearts, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

What a bitter sweet day that does become easier with time. I though will never forget what went on that day when Luke was dx'd. :( But, over the years Luke has just impressed me to no end with his positive outlook on life. I kinda look at this date as a birthday sorta, I know that sounds kinda strange. But, when we went home from the hospital w/Luke, it felt like he was a newborn and I had no idea what to do. Even though he was about to turn 2 years old. Thank you everybody for letting me share this, I know only you understand :) And I thank you everybody for this place, I have learned soooo much here and I love coming to a place that somebody understands or can help me.

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Congratulations Carmen on keeping Luke happy and healthy. Its been 6 years for us too, I understand completely the feeling as if youre bringing home a newborn baby. We have come so far havent we?;)

3. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Count us in the "6 year club" this year, too. You have done a great job, Carmen. Just think of how far you have come in this time. A big hug to you and your little man on this day...

4. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Nice job, Carmen and Luke! I can totally relate to the "new born" comment..that is how I explain the "coming home from the hospital" to everyone!

Take good care, stay strong ....

Kathy

5. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

Thank you ladies so much :D You have made my day (((hugs))))