- advertisement -

504 plans in private schools, not for diabetets....

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by VinceysMom, Sep 29, 2011.

1. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

but for a kindergartener who is color blind. I know color blind is under the Americans with Disabilities Act. If my friend is having issues with the school, will a 504 work for her at a private school? She does not know if they receive any federal monies. (Her boy was tested and had to pick out an object between the two animals wearing "red"... teacher knows he is color blind, but still gave him the test question instead of changing up the sheet for him.)

OOPS, gosh, I cannot even spell diabetes... sigh (subject line).

Thanks,
    Kathy

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

First step is to find out about the federal funding.

3. lisac

lisac Approved members

. (Her boy was tested and had to pick out an object between the two animals wearing "red"... teacher knows he is color blind, but still gave him the test question instead of changing up the sheet for him.)

Wow, that's pretty harsh!!

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I agree. Second step is to meet with the teacher and ask what the point was of asking a color-blind kid to identify the color red. :rolleyes:

5. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Maybe that school isn't a good match for her child. Just because it's private doesn't mean it's good.