- advertisement -

504 plan-what's included

Discussion in 'Teens' started by ctmom, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ctmom

ctmom Approved members

I was wondering what is included on your child's 504 plan for school. My son has the basic-leave to go to nurse, use of bathroom, access to food and drinks, excused absence due to daibetic related issues. Just wondering if there is something that we are missing. Thanks for your help.

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

First let me give you a warm welcome to CWD!:cwds:

Also you don't have to take a test if your above say 250 or below 70. (I also have this for classwork and homework, it's not fair if your child isn't able to get their work done because they're chasing highs and lows)

A lot of parents of teens and pre-teens also have cellphone usage in their child's 504 plan, but I don't personally have that.

3. ctmom

ctmom Approved members

bs# before tests

Misscait-thank you! Wow does your information about testing before tests hit home. We had a two week period where we had difficulty with highs that we had never experienced before- it took a visit back to endo to work out new insullin routine that we are working on over holliday break to get things back under control. During this time my son took several midterms that he did not do well on which was so upsetting to him- he was complaining of having a hard time focusing, feeling like he was moving in slow motion and that he was in a "fog". I was so frantic trying to figure out how to get in BS numbers under control I never thought about the impact of school- now we see it. I think I should request a meeting to make admendments to his 504 to include this as we have never experienced highs before.

4. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

No problem, I know what that foggy feeling, no matter how many times you read the material, no matter how much you know it before, it just doesn't seem to click when your high.