- advertisement -

4 years...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Katie'sMom, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Katie'sMom

Katie'sMom Approved members

ago yesterday was the date of Katie's diagnosis. Still a challenging journey, but somewhat easier with a 6 year old versus a 2 year old. If I added full time pancreas to me resume do you think anyone would get it?

2. mph

mph Approved members

Blessings as you "celebrate" Katie's life and making it through these tough four years.

I find that a CGMS sure helps, but it is never an "easy" journey. "We" still function as a full-time pancreas.:cwds:

I can only "imagine" what D care for a child younger than 5 is like/has been like.......

Keep up the loving care.

3. Katie'sMom

Katie'sMom Approved members

Yes, The CGM is a great help, mostly because I can set it to alarm for a low...I am looking into the Revel because it has better predictive alarms than the older minimed. She does recognize her lows coming on now, but when she was littler, it was hard to know and she either didn't recognize it or know how to verbalize it.

4. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Margaret - we share a diagnosis date - although Cooper was 4. I too can't believe it has been 4yrs. I would understand your job description! :cwds:

Cheers to us!:D

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We are on very similar paths - my 6 year old recently turned 7 but we're at the 4+ years after diagnosis at 2. Six is definitely easier than two - but now I'm thinking ahead to puberty and getting nervous. :rolleyes: