- advertisement -

4 Occlusions In 5 Days?!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lizzie, Aug 24, 2011.

1. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

Animas is experiencing "extremely high call volumes" this morning so I figured I would see if anyone here had an idea before I braved the annoying hold elevator music.

My pump has occluded during the night for 4 of the past 5 nights. Up until then, I had never had an occlusion before. All four times, I have changed my site and the tubing, the sites never appeared to be blocked. I have also tried using different sites with each change (inset, inset 30, and contact detach). I have even tried replacing the cartridge cap. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I downloaded my pump this morning to see how long I was without insulin each time, and they were all over 3 hours before the alarm got loud enough to hear under the covers. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it sound like a problem with the pump?

2. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

We've never had an occlusion alarm on the Ping.
    I suppose illness or other immune system triggers could make occlusions overall more likely? But your story looks to me like there's a problem with the pump, I think the alarm sounds if the pressure is different than it should be so maybe something within the mechanism is causing an issue?
    I'm sorry, poor Animas always seems to have an unusually high call volume these days. . . .

3. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

I agree, I would say that there is something wrong with the pump.. We have occlusions once or twice before(few and far in between), but never like you are having...Hope you get it all figured out:cwds: