- advertisement -

????

Discussion in 'Teens' started by here you are again, May 9, 2009.

1. here you are again

here you are again Approved members

Okay, I guess this whole weird blood sugar thing of mine started yesterday morning. I forgot to bolus at breakfast, and so in 3rd period at school I realized and did a correction. About 2 hours later at lunch, I was 226, and in fear of going low I only bolused for my carbs. But about 2 hours after that, my sugar was 43. I had juice and went up to 102. Then I went to a birthday party, and had my pump off the whole time because there was a water balloon fight and I didn't want to get my pump wet. And even when I ate pizza and chips and stuff, I didn't bolus for it. And, as a result, when I went to bed I was 400-something. But I didn't even bolus for my sugar then, I guess because I was scared of going low again. And I'm glad that I didn't bolus, because - and yes, keep in mind, I hadn't treated at all for my 400-something sugar when I went to bed - I was 80!! And an hour or so ago I ate dinner at 90, bolused normally, and now I'm 64. Why is all of this happening?! I know it sounds utterly crazy, and this is pretty much 100% just me hoping it's possible, but is it possible for your pancreas to just start proudcing insulin all the sudden again, and I'm going low because I'm getting insulin from my pancreas and my pump? Help... ?

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I've always wondered that too. My doctors have thought about checking my c-pep. a few times recently to see if I could still be making insulin sometimes. I don't see how it would be possible after 11 years, but it would be a nice explanation.

Maybe part of your 400 was adrenaline from the party and games. The activity may have caught up with you when you dropped to 80. I get that way with soccer games- I know I cannot correct fully for a high during or after a game because it is due to adrenaline or I will crash hard later.

3. beck95

beck95 Approved members

WOW!!! sounds like you were in a mess!!:eek: