- advertisement -

):

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Mar 10, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I just found out a girl in my gym and latin (and history + religion) class was just dx'd with D... I'm so shocked. every time I hear about someone new being dx'd it just seems so much more real. we're not best friends or anything, but I never thought someone i'm in classes with would be dx'd. ): i hate D. of course I sent her a message asking how she was, but i can't help but feel damn helpless. we need a cure.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

No kidding. I hate hearing of people being diagnosed. Those first few weeks of D are something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and watching someone else struggle through the same thing I have....it just kills me. :(
    Direct her to CWD, and tell her that there are tons of people here who are wishing her the best of luck.

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Kills me too. :(:( It's just not fair...one of my worst fears is someone in my family or a close friend or anyone I know for that matter will be dx'd with D. :( I feel that no one should have to go through what I have. I'll keep her in my prayers.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

well, i found out today that it's definitely type 1. (well, i haven't spoken to her, but that's what everyone's saying.) it's so scary. two years ago i only knew 1 person with D, and now i know 5 + me. ):