- advertisement -

3:00 A.M Checks Stinks

Discussion in 'Teens' started by NoMoreShots, Jun 11, 2009.

1. NoMoreShots

NoMoreShots Approved members

Body instantly woke up and walked to the meter. Ugh.:( It was scary. I was sweating, shaking, & breathing heavily. It was only 60 but it felt like 20. Ate a banana and checked 154 twenty minutes later. Nighty night.:)

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I know exactly what you mean. Those night-time lows are soooo scary. :(

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I really hate it when that happens. I'm glad that you came up easily enough though:)

4. diabetesgrlsxoxo

diabetesgrlsxoxo Approved members

The other night I was shaking and tossing around and making strange noises (wasn't awake) and my sister (we share a room) came over and shook me and woke me up but I was shaking so bad I couldn't test. She tested and I was 31!! :( way to much drama for me at 2 am! I hate nightime checks too!

5. NoMoreShots

Ouch. 31 is a bad number:eek:Bet your glad your sister woke you up. The lowest low I have ever had is 37.

6. diabetesgrlsxoxo

I was VERY glad she woke me up because obviously my body wasn't going to :eek: luckily I was awake enough that I could drink so i didn't need glycogen...but my mom was freaking out which lead me to freak out etc. bad night lol best part...got to miss 2 hours of school the next day :)

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Night lows for me always always happen between 12AM and 2AM. I've had lows in the 20s and 30s at that time, but the 60s is the lowest I've been at any other point in the night, and that was only once! I don't wake up with night lows until I'm below 40, so they have a habit of being very scary. :eek:

So anyway, I don't do a 3AM check - I do a 12-2AM check. :p

8. diabetesgrlsxoxo

Do you check every night? I only check at night when we think there is going to be a problem...I don't normally get nightime lows....Now I'm scared should I be testing every night (early morning I guess)???

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

No, sorry, that last post was phrased badly. I just meant that if I'm doing a test at all, it's at 12-2 rather than the "normal" 3AM.

10. NoMoreShots

I don't check every night either:p My body usually wakes me up if it drops. I wake a lot during the night anyways so I sleep next to my tester.

11. emm142

emm142 Approved members

My body wakes me up... Sometimes... If I go below 40. My main symptom at night are cold sweats, racing heartbeat and a huge amount of panic &adrenaline. I don't tend to get shaky and hungry in the same way as during the day. I sleep next to my meter too, and there's always glucose in my bedroom. I can't walk down stairs when I'm that low!