- advertisement -

2hr warmup on Navigator

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by ecs1516, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Does anyone know when this is coming out?

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

The sales rep told me June / July, but you know that we can only take that for so much

3. sneakermom

sneakermom Approved members

I hope it's soon. That 10 hours is the longest 10 hours of my week these days. I have a serious love-hate relationship with this device...mostly love though.

4. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I asked our trainer about this and she had not heard of anything along these lines. So she asked her higher up authorities at Abbott and they said there is nothing coming out anytime soon for a shorter warm up time. There ARE new things they are trying out in clinical trial, but nothing past the clinical trial stage that's been approved. :(

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We are going to the diabetes conference in FLorida FFL this year. I am going to ask those questions to the Abbott booth. I also wonder if they are wondering on their maufacturing problem. The quality issues and not being able to keep up with production. I just heard from a friend she is having great results on the new Dexcom compared to the old Dexcom. If my warranty is up in August I will be looking. I love the Navigator but I will compare. I hope to check the Dexcom at the conference too.

Brenda, You are up for a new pump this year are you staying with Cozmo?

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Brenda,

How is the double pump pouch holding up? I still have problems with it sliding around the waist to the front if I don't have the belt thru belt loops. Which I usually don't have on sports shorts. I really like the spi belt. I wish they had a spi belt with a clear window on front. Maybe I should call and suggest. I would use one regular spi belt for the pump and the other with the clear front for the CGM. ALso, when my kids are riding the ripstik or running their pump pouch comes unzipped sometimes. Never had that problem with the spi belt.

7. BrendaK

Carson's pump warranty was up in January and we chose to stay with the Cozmo. I was considering Minimed, but Carson really really wanted the Cozmo. He was very comfortable using it, the school can use it well, and we have worked really hard to get the DIA settings right, so we stayed with it. It just kills me, though to pay our $500 for a new pump (deductible plus 20%) that is EXACTLY the same as the old pump. Oh, except it's blue and not purple.

The double pouch is working pretty well, he wears the pouch on his front -- it doesn't slide around or anything -- it is a little bouncy though. The Navigator goes in the front and a roll of glucotabs is in the back pouch. I got the double pouch so he could put his pump in the back during sports, but we haven't started basketball yet. I'm going to order him the black clear front neoprene single pouch as well. Since he wears his pump in his pocket most of the time he doesn't need a double pouch all the time. I really don't like the spibelt for the Navigator -- he has the child size and it's a really really tight squeeze just to get the Navigator in it and very hard to keep zipping and unzipping all day to look at the readings on it.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yea, it is harder to get the pump out of the spi belt.

9. LizJ

LizJ New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and message boards in general. However, I can share our experience with the next generation Navigator. We are part of a clinical study that requires 1 hour, 2 hour, 10 hour, 24 hour and 72 hour calibrations. You begin receiving readings after the 1 hour calibration.

10. BrendaK

Awesome, thanks for sharing! How is the clinical trial going?

11. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

How are the readings after one hour?
    Are you having any receiver/transmitter problems. A lot of quality issues have been posted on this site.

12. LizJ

LizJ New Member

When we first started the numbers matched closely if he was stable. The numbers were within 20 if he was trending up or down.

I received a transmitter error and was informed I needed to replace the transmitter by text support. Was informed by Abbott that there was a wait for transmitters. It wasn't a problem because I was part of a study and on our next visit received a new one from our clinic. Anyway, since we started using the new transmitter with the original receiver the numbers have not matched as closely. We were given a new receiver that goes with the replacement transmitter and will try that out tonight and see if the numbers are more in sync.

As far a calibration failures we have not had any due to technical problems, only from BG being to high.

My few complaints are the size of the Sensor Support Mount. My son is skinny so we've using his bottom. Not much real estate in conjunction with his infusion set. Concerns about rotation since we have to keep it high enough for sitting but low enough so his underwear band doesn't rub. Would prefer a "click" sound to ensure it is mounted correctly. As well as a light like the meters for night testing.

13. moco89

moco89 Approved members

So, I guess that it is safe to assume that there may be improvements, but quality control issues are still somewhat prevalent, at least in your case.

What kind of tape does the new sensors use?

Is it a clear, film tape, or is it a mesh, white tape?

14. LizJ

LizJ New Member

The sensor support mount is clear.

15. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

Is this being sold in the UK ??
    because when I went to the Abbott UK site, it shows this...

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk...s/inspired_technology/freestyle_navigator.swf

and when you click on the attaching the transmitter link, it says that you'll get BG readings in 1 HOUR..

16. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Please tell us about your experience! My daughter was in a study at Stanford for a year, using the Navigator before it was FDA approved. I'd love to hear about your experiences with the next generation one!

I wonder if we can upgrade when it's available? I just got my post-study one!

17. LizJ

LizJ New Member

18. moco89

moco89 Approved members

If they don't even bother to modify the design, I'm not going to get it when it comes out.

I'd literally give the device an F for design and quality issues, without a doubt in my mind.

I can't wait to get a different cgms!

19. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I wonder what the accuracy is after one hour????

I think it is pretty good after the 10 and then 12.

20. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I think that maybe the problem is that NOW your body is ready to give readings after 1-2 hours but that the Navigator is hard-coded to not take a reading before 10 hours, even if your body is ready to give them. The trainer and my nurse explained that it all has to do with how much "trauma" to your body is done when the sensor is injected - the site needs to clear of any blood that was drawn and any white blood cells that flooded the area due to the puncture and then its ready for the readings- and that some people's bodies are quicker at that then others.