- advertisement -

289 With Ketones!! UGH!!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by malyssa, Jul 26, 2008.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I just woke up at 289 with moderate ketones. :eek::( I rarely ever have ketones, even when I'm in the 400's. But, every once in a while I'll get them, and they are a pain to get rid of!

I corrected with a shot with some extra insulin to get rid of the ketones. Hopefully I'll come down soon, as will the ketones. I have to babysit at 11:00. I think I'll bring my little sister along (she's 13, almost 14) just incase.

Ugh...definately NOT a good way to start the day!!! :(

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

aww i hope that you come down and that you get rid of the ketones easily enough. the biggest amount of ketones i've ever had was small, so i can't really help you there. but i hope that you feel better soon and that your babysitting job goes ok!

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks. My ketones are down to small, but my blood sugar is up to 305. :eek:

4. kierbabi09

i hope that you come down as being high all day is definitely NOT fun. i'm glad that your ketones are down, thats good at least!!!

5. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Have you tried chaning your pump site? try a temp basal increase

6. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

How did you get ketones? Pump problem maybe? DS had small yesterday morning but it was my fault. I forgot to give his lantus the night before. :(

7. kierbabi09

did you come down yet? hope that your babysitting went good. thats how i earn my money:D

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I just got home from babysitting. I was 152 at lunch, and I'm down to negative ketones. Thanks for caring so much everyone!!

I changed my site this morning, after I got the 305 reading. It seems to have helped. :)

9. kierbabi09

phew!!! i'm so glad that you came down!!! there is nothing worse than to be high all day.....and i'm especially glad that you got rid of the ketones....yay you :D

10. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe, thanks! I am high again though. Before dinner I was 282. :( I gave a nice correction, and meal coverage though, so hopefully I'll get back down.

11. kierbabi09

awww me too. another day of all highs. i was 217 before dinner and right now i'm 363 :mad: but i do hope that you come down and that your ketones stay away :)

12. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

UGH!!! I'm 377!!! :eek::mad::( *correcting* (and drinking water :rolleyes: ) I havent been THIS thirsty in a loooong time!

13. kierbabi09

wow you really can't win today, can you? well as a i have said before i really hope that you come down soon, that your not that thirsty for too much longer, and that you are not up all night because your BG's won't come down. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you :)

14. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Nope...can't win today..but hey, ya can't win all the time, especially with diabetes! :rolleyes: I just retested, and I am 313. So, I'm comming down, most likely because I drank 2 1/2 water bottles since I last tested! :eek: Tomorrow has to be a better day, lol. Atleast I dont have to babysit, or work tomorrow, so I will be able to keep an eye on my blood sugars more. What a day!!

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Another update...
    I'm 310, ketones are back. Not feeling the best right now, and I have this headache that is making it impossible for me to sleep. :( I feel like I am going to explode from all the water I drank tonight. Hopefully I can fall asleep soon.

16. kierbabi09

i hope that you feel better.maybe you're getting sick? i'm not feeling too good myself. i've been high 300s all night and feel asleep watching tv. i just woke up covered in sweat. i'm going to check my sugars and i' going back to bed. i'm exhausted

17. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Ah, its just a high day all around, I guess. I hope you come down soon, and feel better as well. Being high is so not fun! :(

18. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

At about 4 this morning, I tested, and I was 357. So, I corrected and went back to sleep. Today, I wake up at 228!?! What the heck is going on!? Atleast there are no ketones...

19. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

have you put in a temp basal?

20. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Yeah, but that didnt seem to help much at all. :( And we called my endo about these wacky numbers over a month ago, and she still never called back!!! An entire month, and a week!!! :eek: And now she is at camp NEJEDA for the week. My A1c is going to be horrible. I finally got it down to 7.8, and now I can almost guarantee a 10. :(

I changed my site again today, and my numbers seem to be better. I usually have good results with arm sites. :rolleyes: