- advertisement -

2 Kids with H1N1 :(

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by timnshann, Oct 29, 2009.

1. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I'm sure this isn't big news anymore since most of the flu cases out there are H1N1, but I had both kids tested today and it was in fact confirmed H1N1.

Jaida (non-D) is on Day 5. She has been running fevers the entire time but they have been low grade (100.0) today she is up to 102.5. Runny nose, body aches and sore throat. Very weak and tired.

Blake (d) began yesterday with terrible body and neck aches. His fever came a few hours later up to 102. High blood sugars didnt' begin until about 6 hours in and then we were battling them all night (high 300's). No ketones and he is eating and drinking so I can give lots of insulin. I am giving correction and a half. He started Tamiflu today.

I noticed a lot of post of people wondering what it was like and so far...it seems just like the seasonal flu.

Doctor says to just keep an eye on the chest congestion with children and watch for DKA with Blake if he begins vomiting or if BS don't come down.
    So far, not too bad.

2. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

I hope everyone is better soon:) Sounds like you have it under control as best you can!!!

3. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Hope they are both feeling better soon.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm sorry both kids are sick..

Question for you, how are your daughter's symptoms, mild? Kaylee is getting sick, fever sitting at 100, sore throat, runny nose, head hurts.. I called the pedi's office, waiting for a call back.. not sure if its a cold or the flu starting.. so far symptoms haven't been to bad though. But whatever it is just started.

5. timnshann

She started with a high fever the first day of 102 but it quickly lowered to 100 and has remained there until today when it spiked to 102 again. She has a sore throat, runny nose and headache. I noticed that the ACHENESS is what set this apart from a cold. She had mild acheness but Blake has severe acheness. They swabbed them right in the office and had results 15 minutes later.

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Gosh thats rough! i hope everyones better soon:cwds:

7. timnshann

ooook. And now the vomiting has begun.:(

8. Diana

Diana Approved members

I have both my boys sick too, but no one here is testing for flu - they just call it flu if it sounds like flu. We've spiked 104, and my d-son feels barfy :( I'm so nervous.

9. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Ugh! Is it Blake vomitting? Any ketones? I hope they both feel better soon.:(

10. M&M's mom

M&M's mom Approved members

Oh no! :( So sorry! Sure your in for a busy weekend taking care of both your babies. Hope they feel better soon and hope you stay well!

11. madde

madde Approved members

I just wanted to say I'm sorry BOTH of your kids are sick with the flu.:( You must feel exhausted. Well I would be sorry if just one was sick with the flu, but two has to make it harder. I hope they start feeling better soon!

12. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Shannon, so sorry!! I hope they are feeling better soon and that you can get some rest! Taking care of 2 sick kids, not to mention battling high numbers, is hard!

(hugs!)