- advertisement -

1st day of classes...

Discussion in 'Diabetes and College' started by ccarrol4, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

Mine was today. It actually went great. This semester I'm taking:
    World Humanities I
    Intro to sociology
    Cultural Anthropology
    Elementary Spanish II
    Physical Science

What about you guys? When do y'all go back? What classes are y'all taking?

2. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

I'll be a freshman this semester.. I'm very nervous! I start monday morning..

My classes this semester are:
    English
    PreAlgebra
    Phsycology
    Biology (class & lab)

3. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

I was nervous at first too, but it really isn't that bad. I've taken all of those classes except biology, which I'll be takin in the spring. They weren't to bad, lol. What are you majoring in? Are you going to be living away from home for the first time?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  4. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

AHHHHH!!!! I start nursing school Monday.... it's called one class, but it's 7 credits and actually fulfills the full time status requirements since it's lecture, lab, clinical, and outside work... I am so nervous!

5. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I start my second year of nursing school tomorrow. I am really excited because we have a new nursing building.

I am taking
    Anatomy/ Physiology with lab
    Microbiology/ genetics
    Statistics for the healthcare professional
    philosophy
    nursing
    nursing lab

6. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Well right now I'm just taking my basics, but I'm taking the ones I'll need for the nursing program lol... And I'm staying at home for now ;)

7. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I started last Thursday. I'm taking three classes, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I take Beginning Algebra from 8 AM until 9:15 AM, English Comp I from 9:30 AM until 10:45 AM and Wellness Concepts from 12:30 PM until 1:40 PM. Wellness Concepts doesn't start until September 9th though.

8. moco89

moco89 Approved members

Today was my first day of classes.

I have a lot of work to do! 19 pages of calculus homework due next Friday! :eek:

Calculus 3
    Chem for Engineers
    Electrical Engineering Lab
    Political Science: Congress and Legislation

9. diamondback688

Enjoy!! :p. My Beginning Algebra professor gave us all of our homework the first day of class so we could do all of it in one day if we felt like it.

10. moco89

moco89 Approved members

LOL! I already have two quizzes to take online for this class, and I have a quiz in the calculus lab on friday too. That is three quizzes for just one class....

I knew what I was getting myself in to, anyways....It will pay off in the end. Maybe I will get an internship next summer with an engineering company.

11. mysnackrifice

mysnackrifice Approved members

I'm in speech pathology, and I'm a senior who took everything out of order so I'm playing catchup still.

I have clinical observation, statistics, diagnostics and evaluation, science of sound, speech pathology in adults, speechreading and auditory training.

I was most terrified for statistics but it doesnt seem that bad...science of sound, though, is PHYSICS! AGH!

12. diamondback688

I hope I don't have to take statistics. I've heard some horror stories about statistics classes. I don't think I do, because I'm hopefully going into the IT field, but you never know. And I'm sorry, but all of those other classes sound really hard, not to mention boring. :p

13. mysnackrifice

mysnackrifice Approved members

you know what, thats okay, most of them are pretty boring, the science of sound is physics and its incredibly boring and i hate it.

statistics is actually not seeming too bad. and i suck at math, pretty hard. the prof seems like he actually wants to teach. i was terrified of it as well, but it seems okay.

auditory training is taught by a fellow diabetic, and diagnostics is taught by one of my favorite professors who throws random weird stuff in. acts like a kid, lightens the mood.

14. moco89

moco89 Approved members

Yeah, in college, I have boring classes. Engineering professors are ummm....boring...most of the time.

One of the keys to survival in college is to deal with the bs that comes with the class. There will always be a class that is extremely hard, where the professor doesn't speak english well, the professor can't teach, or is just plain boring.

In the end, all that matters is the grade you receive. The grade on that transcript is permanent.

15. diamondback688

Definitely. I know what you mean. After I failed the English and Math portions of the College Placemtn Test, I had to take Prealgebra and Essentials of College Writing II before I could take any classes that were worth any credits. That English class was a bunch of BS. The math class wasn't to bad. Pretty easy. I scraped by with a 'C' in both classes. This current English class is BS too. I'd rather not have to do it, but if it gets me closer to a degree, I will.