- advertisement -

11 years

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Noel, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Noel

Noel Approved members

My little guy (who is not so little) is celebrating living with Diabetes since 2001, 11 years. It's been a long time, he obviously doesn't remember life before Diabetes, since he was diagnosed at the ripe old age of 1. Of course there have been some minor bumps along the way, but overall he is very happy and healthy. He doesn't let having Diabetes get him down. In fact he tend to wear it like a badge of honor. My fellow parents of children with Diabetes know this is a bittersweet day-hating the fact that we have to "celebrate" it at all, but loving the fact that our kids can and do excel, in spite of the obstacles they have been given. Here's to many more happy, healthy years!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

:cwds:

Congratulations, Cami. I feel the same. Happy and healthy with D. It can be done.;)

3. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Thank you for posting this! My little guy was diagnosed at 13 months and seeing others stories who have been there and come out the other side with health and happiness gives me hope and faith. Keep up the good work!