- advertisement -

11 Years

Discussion in 'Teens' started by s0ccerfreak, Mar 13, 2009.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Yikes- Friday, March 13, 1998, I was sitting at the doctor at this time and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Today mom said "Happy Diabetes Day." It is crazy to think that it has been that long. Its a sad/happy day. Its a reminder that this is here to stay for a long while yet, but happy because I can see all of the advances in care, meds, and equipment. We worked on looking at new endos today. My pedi is going to try to pull some strings with a friend to get me into her practice.Tomorrow night we're helping at the JDRF Gala so that's sorta my celebration/giving back. I also got two cute beaded medic alert bracelets for $5 each from the psychologist at my parents work :D I like her a lot, the bracelets were her idea-if you're going to have to wear something, it should be cute and something you like- Today marks 11 years of living with Diabetes and the beginning of a new year.

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

This is much cooler than sharing a birthday with someone. :D Happy Diaversary Rae!!

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

well I commented on the other thread, but congrats on making it so ling with D. That is a loooooong time.

4. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Happy diaversary Rae! :)

5. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

congradulations lol i only been diabetiec since september a long time till my 11 year lol