- advertisement -

1 year mark

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by vallecito93, May 6, 2008.

1. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

We made it. I never thought we would get through the first year after dx. Autumn is doing good. Still in her honeymoon for the most part. Gaining weight and getting taller just like her sisters. Everyone is still alive ;). I didn't think I would make it. It seems like she's always had it and she has taken complete responsibility for it. She checks her own sugar and gets her shots ready and is totally ok not eating what everyone else does. I just have to say I am so thankful for forums like this to help newly dx'd families. It is a god sent.

2. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

It's amazing to see how strong you become over time. We are 7 months into this and I keep thinking not to long from now we will be hitting one year.. That's crazy..

3. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

Congrats on making it thru your first year. Your daughter sounds like she's gonna be just fine. Keep up the good work. Our 1 year date is this Sat.:(