I'm curious to know if you have a standard set of troubleshooting steps when your CWD is running high on the pump. If so, please share!
My DD started pumping earlier this month. The first few weeks were dreamy... several site changes, good numbers, successful basal tweaks, etc. Then on Sunday we had our first bad site. It took us all day to troubleshoot! We saw air bubbles, got rid of those, but no change in her 300+ BG after a bolus. Gave an injection, no change after an hour. Assumed bad insulin. Gave injection with different insulin. Success! Changed insulin in pump, still had high BG after a bolus and another hour. So, we changed site and found the canula was just sitting flush against her tush. Problem #1 solved but not sure what lessons were learned...
She woke up this morning with redness under half of her IV3000 tape, whether it was also under her set was not clear. Had very high BG after breakfast, checked for air bubbles, found some HUGE ones in the tube. Got rid of those but it took nearly all of our insulin to do so, so we just changed her site a little early (due for change in the a.m.). Site looked ok upon removal. Redness was only under tape, not under site.
Now she's at 380+ after a meal/bolus on the new site.
This is all incredibly frustrating. Medtronic customer service was very nice, but I am hoping to find some "real life" troubleshooting tips here in this community.
DD is 3, we use the backside for sets. Minimed Revel and Mio 6mm sets, 23" tubing.