advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of pump/sensor sites?

Default Pics of pump/sensor sites?

Amy at d mine talks about having trouble rotating sites. I'm wondering if we could starts a picture thread of different site locations. I googled images and saw some pump sites on boobies. And I once saw a pod on someone's calf, which didn't look comfy to me. Anybody want to post pics of your various body parts with your pump sites, pods or sensors? It's so much more informative than that drawing we always see of the shaded out spots. I don't have any right now but I'll post some later.

Also, it might help my dd to rotate her sites more since she only likes tummy for pump and sensor and used to only like arms for pods. It would help to see wear other people wear there's.
    Last edited by denise3099; 03-14-2013 at 01:32 PM.

sounds good, I just saw a Youtube video with a college age girl using the back of her thigh rather than the frontish/side of thigh.
    McKenna DX 1/3/06 @ 13 months^9.5 YRS
    Pumping @ 18 months & Dexcoming @ 4.5 yrs
    PINGing - leopard Tethered with Lantus
    Madison DX 3/17/14 @ 5yrs thru Trial Net^6 YRS
    Started with Dexcom and now Pinging - gummybears

impaired glucose at 2hr mark
    8/12 BG 166^4/13 BG 205^6/13 BG 143^3/14 BG 216
    faith trust and pixie dust

When I googled I found a pic of a big hairy gut with a pink mio.

Here is a leg site! We don't like to rotate too often either, but she gets that lipohypertrophy within 3 months if she only rotates between legs or belly, now we are on only arms!

Hope this works, I couldn't figure out how to just insert a picture.

http://flic.kr/p/e3aaaZ
    Last edited by dzirbel; 03-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Denise - dx hashimotos 1990
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13
    Jacob (13) - Non-D
    Abby (12) - dx T1 3/15/11, Omnipod - 2/13/12, Dex G4 - 4/25/13
    Jenna (9) - Non-D
    Andrew (4) - Non-D

I do shots in my calves and thighs and chest and back as well as butt and abdomen and upper arms and occasionally forearms (I used to use forearms a lot but since I developed some kind of neuritis in my forearms I decided to stop).
    My sensors I only place on my butt, abdomen, and upper arm. And I'm not going to do any pictures of my butt.

Here's a picture of a sensor on my arm from December

and today

I once saw a youtube video of an overweight guy who'd recently switched to podding and he said he liked how unobtrusive it was. He said, guess where I'm wearing a pod? and then took off his shirt to show six pods, including two on his man-boobs. It was really awesome. I can't find the video right now.
    Last edited by TheFormerLantusFiend; 03-14-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    -Jonah
    dx age 17, now 25
    on Lantus for 7 years; on minimed 530 G since 12/7/13

I just took 2. I have my sensor on my arm and infusion site on the other arm right now. I also attached pictures of a sensor site on my stomach and an infusion site on my stomach.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Meg
    Young adult with diabetes
    Pancreatectomy 2/17/2003
    Pumping 2/19/2003, Currently w/ Minimed Revel and Omnipod
    CGM: MM 2006-2013, Dexcom G4 2013-Present

pod.jpg
    This is an arm pod during the summer. She's on her revel now. I'll try to load a pic of the revel and the dex on her belly.
    ETA: Sorry about the size--didn't know how to edit it.
    Last edited by denise3099; 03-15-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megnyc View Post
    I just took 2. I have my sensor on my arm and infusion site on the other arm right now. I also attached pictures of a sensor site on my stomach and an infusion site on my stomach.
    Can anyone (preferably some skinny arm!) else post pics of arm sites for Medtronic sites? I want my son to expand his site areas, but is nervous about the arm still. He is 5'7", but only 130 pounds.
    Mom to ~
    DS 15
    --dx'd Type 1 Nov '07
    --pumping with Minimed w/ Novolog since January '11
    --integrated cgm and MySentry

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoRef View Post
    Can anyone (preferably some skinny arm!) else post pics of arm sites for Medtronic sites? I want my son to expand his site areas, but is nervous about the arm still. He is 5'7", but only 130 pounds.
    Different system, but let me know if it will help - my DS is wearing an omnipod on his skinny arm right now and I can take a pic. He's 5'1" and weighs about 90 pounds.
    Last edited by StacyMM; 03-25-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo
    Stacy - Mom to
    DD (11, diagnosed at 2) MDI 2006-2009. Medtronic pump 2009-2011. MDI 2011-2013. OmniPod 2013. Dexcom and T:Slim 2013-2014. Added Nightscout 2014. Diagnosed with Graves' disease in 2014.
    DS (12, diagnosed at 10) MDI for 3 months. OmniPod and Dexcom 2013-2014. Added Nightscout 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by denise3099 View Post
    I googled images and saw some pump sites on boobies.
    LOL, I haven't seen that and CANNOT imagine, but my dd was telling me the other day that a friend from our JDRF support group had told her that her mom had seen those images. I cringed and dd said she definitely was not interested in trying that.
    Laurie

Mom to Lia Grace, 14 yrs, dx 1/13/06 at age 5.
    Started with NPH and Regular, switched to Lantus and Novolog after three months and then started pumping after 1.5 years.
    CURRENTLY Pumping with the Animas Ping and using the Dexcom G4.