advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contour Next Link Meter Case

Default Contour Next Link Meter Case

Does anyone have a suggestion for a place to order a meter case that will hold the Contour Next Link Meter, strips, accucheck lancing device and a small pkg of skittles? We just got the new Medtronic pump with the Contour meter. I don't like the case it comes with. Like the size of the new meter, but the case seems really flimsy and hard to take things in and out. Thanks in advance for suggestions!
    Married to highschool sweetheart since 1993

11 year old son diagnosed April 12, 2008
    Pumping with Medtronic since December 2008
    Using Apridra Insulin

8 1/2 year old son non-D
    3 1/2 year old son non-D

2. Default

We have been using the case for a month now and I like it - but I carry the case in my purse alot or my coat pocket. I also have an extra zipper pouch from 31 that I use to carry other supplies (I am a 31 rep so alot of our supplies are in 31 totes and puches. We don't carry skittles but have smarties instead, I found smaller rolls of smarties that are 6 carbs a roll which work great.
    As for the lancet - we found that putting it in face down it stays in the holder better - but we use the lancet that came with our one touch meter

Melissa mom of Jarret and Jayden
    JR - age 7 - Dx Jan 22, 2012 Nov 15, 2012 MM Revel Blue with Humalog
    MDI Lantus and Humalog till Nov; also has seizure disorder
    JJ - age 3 - nonD

I would be interested if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions.
    Julie (mom to Jessica 18 dx Hashimotos 12-21-10 and Erin 15 dx 2-9-07 pumping humalog in Medtronic Revel

My son rarely uses meter cases - they are just too bulky for him. He crams things in his pockets (wears alot of cargo pants/shorts) but at school he uses a pencil case. We found one that is larger and has two sides so pencils go on one side and meter, strips, poker, and smarties or skittles go on the other.

We don't use the meter case for our "day bag" either which is a small backpack. It has a small pocket on the outside and the meter, poker, etc. all fit in it.
    Son dx 2007, Pumping 2007
    Cgms 2008 Minimed Revel Pump 2010
    6mm Mios

We don't have that meter yet, so I'm not totally sure on it's side, but check out Stick Me Designs. (Website, Facebook and Pinterest) I just got my son a case from there and really like it. His is made of orange and grey seat belt webbing. Inside has a zipper ouch, done pockets and then 2 non adjustable elastic spots for lancet and strips and then another elastic spot that has Velcro on it so its adjustable for your meter. He has his One Touch Ultra Lunk in it right now.
    Ashley, mom of 3
    Ireland, 10
    Sloan, 7 - diagnosed 10/16/2009, pumping MiniMed Revel (with NovoLog) 8/5/2010
    Cambell, 6

6. Default

I just got one too. Its such garbage I would think they would be better off sending it without a case. I went to their site and had a chat. I emphasized my need to to use it as a travel meter, as apposed to the existing Medtronic meter that I use now. After some discussion they agreed to send me a deluxe case. I have the case now; I don't know about deluxe, but it is meaningfully better. Better material and slightly larger in size.

sk

I called Bayer and they sent me the Bayer USB case, it is a little bigger - we put the strips in an empty one touch container which also helps - he also uses the one touch delica lancet - not sure why the case for the USB meter is bigger but it is...the place for the meter itself is exactly the same. He keeps a syringe, a battery and extra lancets in the zipper pouch but a pack of skittles would probably fit too.

Erica
    Daniel's Mom
    Daniel 20 - Diagnosed 8/28/07 at Age 14
    7/7/08 Omnipod
    05/2011 -Back to MDI due to Pod failures Lantus/Novolog
    6/18/13 Minimed Revel 723
    November 2013 - Lantus/Novalog will probably go back on pump soon though for the holidays.

The case that comes with the contour next meter is pretty impossible to use. I use the accu-check aviva soft case for my DD's contour next meter. It fits the meter, lancet & large strip bottle nicely. It's inexpensive...I think only around $5 and it comes it some cute patterns too. Here's the link:

https://www.accu-chek.com/us/estore/...cessories.html
    Ellen. Mom to:
    DD age 9 dx'd T1D 12/28/11humalog & lantus; 8/20/12 pumping with Medtronic revel 723
    DD 15, non d
    DD 18, non d
    DS 21 non d

I found this old post , but had a few questions from it.
    What is the Bayer USB case like? Is that not the one Medtronic sends with the Bayer Next meter?
    How about this website Stick Me Designs. Have many of you ordered from here?
    Really curious about the comment about Accu Chek Aviva soft case. I love Accu Chek cases. How does it fit the Bayer Next USB meter?
    I also only use Accu Chek muti clix lancets. We have used those since they came out and never plan to switch.
    DS1, 17 yrs old, diag 3/2000 at 3 years old, pumping 2001,Minimed 508 2001, Cozmo 2004 & 2008, Animas Ping 5/09, Novolog ,Apidra(1/11),Back to Novolog 6/11, Insets 6mm, Navigator 8/08-5/09, Dexcom 5/09, Dexcom G4 12/12
    DS2 , 14 yrs old, diag 9/2000 at 10 months old, pumping 2001,Minimed 508 2001,Cozmo 2004 & 2008, Animas Ping 5/09, Revel 12/10, Back to Animas Ping 12/10, Novolog ,Insets 6mm, Navigator 9/08-5/09, Dexcom 5/09,Navigator 11/09,Guardian 9/10 Enlites 11/13,Minimed 730g 1/14

We are cramming the meter into an old freestyle lite case. The Bayer strip case is huge and the meter case is hard and bulky, my son likes to wear it on his belt, so he needs velcro on the outside of the case. I will look into the other options too. Thanks!
    Allison, married to my best friend, Andy! Proud mother to 6 amazing kids!
    Gregory, age 14, T1D diagnosed 9/1/06.
    Patrick, age 13. Jasmine, age 11. Brendan, age 11. Marissa, age 9. Sean, age 8.