advertisement

Thread: Minimed Enlite vs. Dexcom G4

Default Minimed Enlite vs. Dexcom G4

Does anyone have any comparison of the two? I started with the dexcom seven+ and switched to the minimed sensor because of the integration. I hate wearing the minimed sensor. It hurts so much more than the dexcom and I have a hard time wearing it as consistently. The new dexcom looks intriguing! Does anyone have any experience with it? Is there any word on when the enlite is expected to be out? I am torn between the hassle of carrying a separate device with a comfortable sensor or an integrated device that is unknown if it will be more comfortable.
    ~ Lizzie
    pumping with the Minimed Revel + Dexcom G4,
    occasionally podding

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Does anyone have any comparison of the two? I started with the dexcom seven+ and switched to the minimed sensor because of the integration. I hate wearing the minimed sensor. It hurts so much more than the dexcom and I have a hard time wearing it as consistently. The new dexcom looks intriguing! Does anyone have any experience with it? Is there any word on when the enlite is expected to be out? I am torn between the hassle of carrying a separate device with a comfortable sensor or an integrated device that is unknown if it will be more comfortable.
    Daughter had minimed, ended up allergic to sensor, then participated in study for dex G4. If she had a choice, she'd pick the G4 - completely painless insertion she says. She cried when we heard the news yesterday. The extended range on the receiver is a huge boon in sports practice.
    Kirsten

Mom to 3 incredible kids:
    dd Dx 2/28/11

MM Revel 723 3/27/2012

Quote Originally Posted by MommaKat View Post
    Daughter had minimed, ended up allergic to sensor, then participated in study for dex G4. If she had a choice, she'd pick the G4 - completely painless insertion she says. She cried when we heard the news yesterday. The extended range on the receiver is a huge boon in sports practice.
    Did she ever use the Enlite, though? Or just the current MM sensor?
    Mom to J., age 10
    Dx 2007 @ age 3
    Medtronic pump and CGM (4/2008-6/2013)
    Tandem t:slim and Dexcom G4 CGM (current)
    CGM in the Cloud 7/2014