advertisement

Thread: The Joslin Medalist Study, 2005-2012

Default The Joslin Medalist Study, 2005-2012

The Joslin Medalists are individuals who have received medals for having lived with type 1 diabetes for 50 or more years. These medalists have not only survived, but have avoided most of the more serious diabetes related complications. This group is a natural for a study that would seek the factors that explain the longevity and good health of so many type 1 diabetics in the US. If these factors can be determined then there might be a treatment devised that could help younger diabetics to also have long healthy lives. So the study began in 2005, and is headed by doctors George King and Hilary Keenan at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston.

This is an introduction to my newest blog (4/28/12). The complete blog is found on my blogsite below:

http://almo0157.blogspot.com/
    Type 1 for 68 years. Using MM 523 pump. A1c=6.0

I am happy that that JDRF is funding this. It would be good to know the answer.
    Dad to Leah and Anna, married to Pam
    Leah is 15, dx 1/1/2007 at age 8, Type 1 and Celiac, Omnipod since 2007, Guardian CGM 2007-2013, Now using Dexcom G4 CGM, loves to sing

CGMS Calibration - DCCT: The Study That Forever Changed Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes - Improved Glycemic Control in T1 children Using Real-Time CGMS

On Monday, June 18 I received an email telling me they will be awarding my 25 year certificate this week! What is really great about this program is once you send an application and the required documentation they keep it on file. Once you reach the 50 and 75 year levels, they will automatically send you your medals. So in 3 years, I will be receiving my 50 year medal.
    Juvenile Onset Diabetic since September 17, 1965
    Injects humulin N & R three times a day

Quote Originally Posted by blufickle View Post
    On Monday, June 18 I received an email telling me they will be awarding my 25 year certificate this week! What is really great about this program is once you send an application and the required documentation they keep it on file. Once you reach the 50 and 75 year levels, they will automatically send you your medals. So in 3 years, I will be receiving my 50 year medal.
    That's so wonderful for you! Can I congratulate you early on 50 years of healthy living!!!
    mom to Ashley, our one and only precious child
    dx'd T1D April 30, 2011 at almost 8 years old
    Humulin N and Humalog until Nov 13, 2011
    Animas PING with NovoRapid Nov 14, 2011 to present