Good Luck! We start on May 8th and I can't wait! My son is so excited! I just hope I'm not in a puddle of tears for a week.
The few things people have told me are...
1. Write down the steps of how to do things step by step when you have the trainer with you. Apparently, you may think you'll remember how to do things because they seem so obvious but two days later, when you have to do them yourself, you can't remember.
2. Write down any questions you have ahead of time and don't let the trainer rush you.
3. Ask what to do when/if your child goes low and you can't get him/her back up. This happened to a friend of mine and she said she had to feed her son carbs all night because she didn't know what her options were.
4. Have all of your contact numbers in one place and by your phone so in the middle of the night or when you may be nervous, you don't have to look for them.
5. Do not take all of your supplies out of the boxes. Leave them in the boxes just in case you have to exchange them. Apparently, it is a good idea to leave them in the boxes always in case they are recalled because the lot numbers are easier to find and they are easier to return for replacements.
I'm trying to gather more tips before May 8th!
Mommy to Two Angels...
Kara (11) Non-D
John (8) D-Diagnosed 11/11
Pumping with Medtronic Paradigm Revel 5/12
Monitoring with Dexcom 9/13
Romans 12:12,"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you."