advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoping Medtronic will come through

The MM District Clinical Supervisor is supposedly going to be here tomorrow with a new sensor and a new transmitter. She will watch my insertion technique and we will go from there. I haven't tried again since Wed. night, so we have been without data for a while.

After several e-mails with the clinical supervisor, she came to the conclusion that it could be the transmitter. That's why she's bringing a new one.

This CGM was supposed to make life a little easier and give Meredith better control. It has done the exact opposite for me.

Sarah Mom to...
    Holden 13
    Sydney 11
    Meredith 7 (dx 5/12/08) pumping 5/19/11 celiac 8/11 CGM 3/12 DEx g4 8/13
    Wife to Carl

http://sweetceliacandsiblings.wordpress.com

Hoping a solution to the frustrations you have been enduring will soon be resolved! When all that is said and done, the CGM will bring you peace of mind and improved BGs for Meredith. Way to go Mom for pushing for an answer rather than throwing in the towel and giving up

Mom to DS (12), dx'd Jul 2004, pumping MM since Oct 04, CGMS since Oct 06
    Also Mom to non-D son (14) and non-D daughter (6)

After the meeting today with the Clinical Supervisor from Medtronic, we've narrowed it down to transmitter or pump. We tried a different box of sensors with the same result, also tried a new site (arm). Again, the alarms and sensor errors. So, the new transmitter is on and time will tell. I'm hoping that's the fix. Also, she said that my insertion technique is great. The problem is not me or Meredith.

Sarah Mom to...
    Holden 13
    Sydney 11
    Wife to Carl

I am glad they are working with you. hopefully it will start working!
    your child must be a trooper to have so many sensors in a few weeks time!
    sounds like she is dedicated to giving this a good try!
    DS type1 D - 12,
    Dx' 07
    Dexcom & omnipod 08, & CGM in the cloud - 07/14!!!

"Laughter is the best medicine - unless you have diabetes, then insulin goes pretty high on the list."

Everything has been working fins since Monday with the transmitter that the rep gave us to try. We used the old one first and got all the same errors and then switched to the new transmitter and everything has been fine. So Medtronic is overnighting a new transmitter today. At least we are back on track with the CGM.

Sarah Mom to...
    Holden 13
    Sydney 11
    Wife to Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Meredithsmom View Post
    Everything has been working fins since Monday with the transmitter that the rep gave us to try. We used the old one first and got all the same errors and then switched to the new transmitter and everything has been fine. So Medtronic is overnighting a new transmitter today. At least we are back on track with the CGM.
    I'm glad! We got a bad transmitter once, and it was very frustrating. Hope the new one works great for you!
    Mom to J., age 10
    Dx 2007 @ age 3
    Medtronic pump and CGM (4/2008-6/2013)
    Tandem t:slim and Dexcom G4 CGM (current)
    CGM in the Cloud 7/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Meredithsmom View Post
    Good that is what happened to us bad transmitter.
    DS1, 17 yrs old, diag 3/2000 at 3 years old, pumping 2001,Minimed 508 2001, Cozmo 2004 & 2008, Animas Ping 5/09, Novolog ,Apidra(1/11),Back to Novolog 6/11, Insets 6mm, Navigator 8/08-5/09, Dexcom 5/09, Dexcom G4 12/12
    DS2 , 14 yrs old, diag 9/2000 at 10 months old, pumping 2001,Minimed 508 2001,Cozmo 2004 & 2008, Animas Ping 5/09, Revel 12/10, Back to Animas Ping 12/10, Novolog ,Insets 6mm, Navigator 9/08-5/09, Dexcom 5/09,Navigator 11/09,Guardian 9/10 Enlites 11/13,Minimed 730g 1/14

Changed the sensor last night with the new transmitter that Medtronic sent us. No alarms all night and everything is working. I am remaining cautiously optomistic.

Sarah Mom to...
    Holden 13
    Sydney 11
    Wife to Carl