advertisement

Thread: Friend: Celiac and seizure

Default Friend: Celiac and seizure

A friend of ours had a seizure two nights ago and is in the hospital having tests. So far nothing has shown up except that her BG was only 61 when the paramedics arrived. To me, that seems really low for a situation that would cause the liver to pump out sugar. Since she has celiac, I suggested to her mom that they request all four antibodies for diabetes be tested since the two do coexist not infrequently. I know my daughter had hypoglycemic symptoms for about 3 years prior to being diagnosed with diabetes. Am I off-track wondering if her body could be showing pancreatic distress?
    8/2010 - 9/2011 MDI, Lantus & Humalog
    9/2011- Medtronic Revel 723 & CGM
    11/2012 - Dexcom G4

"Life is not waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to DANCE in the rain."

Sorry I don't have any light to shed but I hope she is doing better. I am surprised though about hypoglycemia before diagnosis though, I would have thought it would be the opposite. My granddaughter was over 900 at the time of her diagnosis. Good luck to your friend.
    Susan
    Grandma to Hailey age 11 dx type 1 age 4
    pumping with Omnipod since 8/09
    and Faith age 7
    and now little Macey Ella age 1 year Dx with allergies to nuts, wheat, eggs, and soy

True heroism consists in being superior to the ills of life, in whatever shape they may challenge us to combat.

Napoleon I (1769-1821) Napoleon Bonaparte. French general.

My daughter was at 250 at diagnosis, but a fasting BG 9 months prior was a 55.
    8/2010 - 9/2011 MDI, Lantus & Humalog
    9/2011- Medtronic Revel 723 & CGM
    11/2012 - Dexcom G4

"Life is not waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to DANCE in the rain."