advertisement

Thread: the new pod

Default the new pod

I just received an informative e-mail from Omnipod that said that they are shipping their second generation pods to ypsomed (their distributor in Europe)
    At last! It looks like the second generation is out.
    Katerina mom of Paul 14yrs dx @ 7 on 13.12.2007 currently using Levemir, Novorapid, Actrapid and Dexcom! and to Philip age 11 nonD

Lucky you!!!

Now us folks in the USA will only have to wait another 7-10million years for the FDA to let us get them too... ( slight exaggeration but with the us STILL no where near getting the animas vibe or the mm enlite sensors or the navigator back... it seems the US is on the permanent waiting list )
    DS type1 D - 12,
    Dx' 07
    Dexcom & omnipod 08, & CGM in the cloud - 07/14!!!

"Laughter is the best medicine - unless you have diabetes, then insulin goes pretty high on the list."

We are so envious!! You will have to give us your thoughts when you receive the new pods
    Robbie, mom to 5- 4 boys, 1 girl
    Josh (10)~DX T1 & hashimoto's 4/22/10~Omnipod11/23/10 Dexcom 8/11

"Remember how strong you are, even if you don't realize it. How blessed you are, even if you can't see it. How deeply loved you are, even if you can't feel it. These things are always there-waiting, urging you to take them on. Be strong, be blessed, be love, give love, own your own love."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

We are not using the pod. But I wrote to ypsomed and asked them if I could try one. Also I asked them if it is true that the new pod is out in Europe. I will writte as soon as I hear back from them
    Katerina mom of Paul 14yrs dx @ 7 on 13.12.2007 currently using Levemir, Novorapid, Actrapid and Dexcom! and to Philip age 11 nonD

I just got an email from ypsomed They will launch the new pods worldwide this summer. Maybe that means that they will be also launched in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by katerinas View Post
    I just got an email from ypsomed They will launch the new pods worldwide this summer. Maybe that means that they will be also launched in the US?
    That's the rumor.
    Stay at home Dad to son, 14.
    Diagnosed: 02/2006
    OmniPod: 09/2007, Novolog
    Dexcom Seven Plus: 02/2010 Dexcom G4: 01/2013

Throughout history

Every mystery
    EVER solved has turned out to be ...
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Hydrogen, given sufficient time, turns into people. - The Meaning of Life

A rep told us on Sunday it they were going to start shipping mid June. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Mom to Madison (18)
    dxd 8/5/09
    Omnipod pump using Novalog 4/10
    Dexcom 3/13

Last I heard the Pod in the us hadn't had final clearance from the FDA, I bet they need that before they ship here in the US!
    DS type1 D - 12,
    Dx' 07
    Dexcom & omnipod 08, & CGM in the cloud - 07/14!!!

"Laughter is the best medicine - unless you have diabetes, then insulin goes pretty high on the list."

Does anyone know or have heard if the new PDM's will use the same strips as the current ones? I've got a decent stockpile of the current ones but if they're going to change (power of positive thinking) soon I don't want to add to it.
    Mom to Madison (18)
    dxd 8/5/09
    Omnipod pump using Novalog 4/10
    Dexcom 3/13

Default NO pod for us:(

super disppointed... Endo apt today, which went well! (A1C 6.7) and moving forward with doing the pump! BUT we won't be able to get the Omnipod we had a hearts and minds set on(after much research)They say he is still on too low a dose for the omnipod. Where to go from here? hmmmmm
    Jessica

Mommy to:
    Conan DOB 2/21/05 Dx Aug 20, 2010 MDI Humalog & Lantus
    Aaron DOB 4/30/96 nonD