advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's headed where for college this fall?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBadshoe View Post
    Connor is headed to Manhattan --- either Fordham or Pace.

He visits Fordham tomorrow so hopefully a decision will be made in the next few days...
    Fordham is in the running for us too along with Stonybrook and Hofstra. Fordham is my first choice and it was Alex's but he is starting to sway because of the commute he will have ever day. We visit Stonybrook tomorrow for the second time. I just hope he hurry up and decides. This is driving me crazy
    Diane- mom of Alex 19, dx 4/25/05, pumping since 8/1/06 ( MM 723) & Victoria 15

Default Washington State

My daughter will be going to Washington State University in Pullman. Anyone in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
    Fordham is in the running for us too along with Stonybrook and Hofstra. Fordham is my first choice and it was Alex's but he is starting to sway because of the commute he will have ever day. We visit Stonybrook tomorrow for the second time. I just hope he hurry up and decides. This is driving me crazy
    Would he be going to Rose hill or Lincoln Center?

It will be April 30th I think before we have a final decision. He really likes Fordham but there are is a Federal grant and loan they didn't include on the FA package. I think it's because we missed the original deadline of Nov. 15th. We are asking them to review it again before Monday in hopes that they will add it on. We totally qualify but they have a "campus" formula for deciding who they offer it too....The stress of the decision is killing me....
    Connor dx 10/26/03
    Delaney dx 12/04/04 at WDW
    Kelley and Blair non D

http://thebetesnow.com/

He would go to Lincoln Center. We live on Long Island so he would commute and take the railroad.

He changed his mind and he is deciding between Hofstra and Fordham now. Last night he said he wanted to go to Hofstra because he does not think he could handle the 3 hour daily commute. If he was working and getting paid, it would be different but not for school.

I love Fordham but it is his decision. He has to be happy. I am still going to wait before I pay the deposit to Hofstra in case he changes his mind again

Are you talking about the Stafford loan. I heard the interest was suppose to go up on the Stafford loan to 6.8%. Obama is pushing to keep it at 3.4% though.

Good Luck on the decision making and let me know the final out come

Connor is officially going to Fordham.

I can see how a 3 hr commute would be long for a college kid. Good luck to him.
    Connor dx 10/26/03
    Kelley and Blair non D

Congratulations Connor!!! I love Fordham.

If Connor ever needs anything at all, you can always count on me. We can hop in the car and be in Manhattan in 45 minutes.

Good Luck!

Connor is headed to Manhattan --- either Fordham or Pace.

He visits Fordham tomorrow so hopefully a decision will be made in the next few days...
    I'm about an hr from both... near the beach...... tell Conner to come hang out ! Jesse will be starting his 3rd year at SUNY Buffalo !!
    Stacey

Stacey
    mom to Allison-27-
    Daniel 25
    Jesse- 21 - dx'd 12/01, pumping since 4/03
    Pumping with a TSLIM and loving it !
    Dexcoming with a G4 and LOVING it !!

Connor is officially going to Fordham.

thats very close to Michelle Rago...
    when will he start??

Stacey
    mom to Allison-27-
    Daniel 25
    Jesse- 21 - dx'd 12/01, pumping since 4/03
    Pumping with a TSLIM and loving it !
    Dexcoming with a G4 and LOVING it !!

Quote Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
    Congratulations Connor!!! I love Fordham.

If Connor ever needs anything at all, you can always count on me. We can hop in the car and be in Manhattan in 45 minutes.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the offer but his sister actually lives about 2 miles straight down 8th street in Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Nagel View Post
    thats very close to Michelle Rago...
    when will he start??
    He starts Aug 28th I believe. We will see you in July though.
    Connor dx 10/26/03
    Kelley and Blair non D

I can't believe I'm saying it after the madness that was nursing school (ADN), but I wish I were going back to school again! I have been accepted to 2 RN to BSN completion programs, but don't have the finances to start yet... feeling the excitement of all of your guys kids, it kinda makes me wish I were in school again... what can I say, I'm a nerd - ACTUALLY, I wish I were in a nursing Master's program... but BSN comes first... unless I can find an RN to MSN program that I could get into and afford... *sigh*...
    Tricia

28, dxd D @ 8 (9/1994)
    Current Diabetes Accessories: Dexcom G4Platinum (6/2013); Animas Ping (again - until the new insurance kicks in, then OmniPods again!!)
    Nurse, trying desperately to become a CDE!!