advertisement

Thread: Medtronic Mysentry Review!!!!

Unhappy Medtronic Mysentry Review!!!!

I bought the mysentry despite of not being covered by insurance-but to the least,it's not what it's worth. As a nurse and a child with Type I diabetes- Dx Feb2011, my daughter has all the new and improved products imagined. She started using the paradigm 723 Dec2011 and on the CGM on Jan 2012.I think at this time having those 2 is enough. True-mysentry adds more visibility to the numbers and has more to offer with alarms but sometimes the more you know, the more you overcorrect. I had the mysentry for a week now and it will be going back to medtronic.
    Last edited by mibk; 03-27-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Default Any one else using this?

When my DD was diagnosed 4 years ago I heard that this had been at a Diabetes Technology conference. So now its available 4 years later. Is anyone using it? Whats it cost? Does it work? Is 50 feet enough distance? The last post said they were sending it back. Why? Lots of questions.

All the best

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by millyyates View Post
    When my DD was diagnosed 4 years ago I heard that this had been at a Diabetes Technology conference. So now its available 4 years later. Is anyone using it? Whats it cost? Does it work? Is 50 feet enough distance? The last post said they were sending it back. Why? Lots of questions.

All the best

Peter
    We have it. I like it, my husband thinks its a waste of money, but then again I am the one getting up at night to check BGs. Im happy to answer any questions.
    Rosemarie

Mom to:
    William, age 11, diagnosed 11/10/11, MM CGMS (2/20/12), MM revel blue (4/4/12), Dex G4 (11/22/12)
    James, age 8, nonD
    Grace, 7, nonD

We have it and we love it. I wear hearing aids, and there is no way I could hear the pump alarm for lows. I have no problem hearing the MySentry. We have a two story house and the MySentry picks up readings even when Tyler is outside. And while we may have overcorrected a low or two, it has helped prevent some scary lows that I wasn't expecting. While it is not perfect, and sometimes loses communication with the pump, it is another piece of technology we are thankful to have. We don't have the Guardian, so it is so much easier than pinning down a 3 year old to check the pump.
    Amy
    Mother to Cody, dob 2/8/06, non-D
    and Tyler, dob 3/16/09, dx'd 8/2/11, peanut allergy
    Pumping with MM 530G with enlite and MySentry 4/14

We also have it and we love it!!
    Lisa

Mom to:
    Maddie 12 (dx 3/09) T-Slim Pump-Dexcom CGM
    Riley 12 Twin Brother to Maddie (non-d)

I am considering getting the mysentry. We started CGM about a month ago. I like it, but the nighttime alarms don't wake Meredith. Last night I slept in the same room with her as I thought she might go low. I didn't hear the alarm right away. Not until it was really going off and then I had to really listen for it. Of course, Meredith was sleeping on her pump with 2 blankets over her. The cost is what I'm not sure about. But, what is the price of a good night's sleep?? I can't remember!

Sarah Mom to...
    Holden 13
    Sydney 11
    Meredith 7 (dx 5/12/08) pumping 5/19/11 celiac 8/11 CGM 3/12 DEx g4 8/13
    Wife to Carl

http://sweetceliacandsiblings.wordpress.com

We love having it. If the issue is that you're over-correcting, then maybe the problem is the correction factor and not necessarily the MySentry. It should allow you to run tighter control at night because you don't have to fear sleeping through an alarm.
    Type 1 Diabetic since 2001. Minimed 722 with Novolog and CGMS.

Dad of Emma, age 10, diagnosed at 9 months pumping with MM REVEL CGMS and Novolog. She also has been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Glomerular Nephritis, Multiple-Autoimmune Complex, along with lots of other stuff that makes doctors shrug and say "I dunno."

Brenden, age 15. Tuba and bass player extraordinaire.
    Husband of Emmasmom.
    www.toosweetboutique.net