advertisement

Thread: Mother to fight Pharmac diabetes test change

Default Mother to fight Pharmac diabetes test change

Mother to fight Pharmac diabetes test change http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/moth...change-4778563

Over 3000 submissions received by the closing date. I doubt many of those would have been positive! Surely they'll have to rethink now. I just hope they don't come up with some halfway fudge and we end up with partial funding like they did with Ventolin.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 03-14-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Father of Finlay, born 8th April 2008, absent pancreas, absent gall bladder, multiple heart defects.
    Pumping since 18th April 2008

Read about Finlay

A lot of us, including endo's and pharmacists think that this is a done deal. It is going to put back D care in NZ to third world standards as far as I am concerned. It is ridiculous. I have made sure that my voice has been heard and I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that this proposal does not go through
    Debs - Mum to Tyler aged 16 yrs, dx 29 Nov 06
    MM 722 since March 09

Samuel, nearly 18, still hormonal
    Very happily married to Carl for 18 yrs

They may well have thought it was a done deal but the huge backlash must surely make them rethink. From the depth of feeling I'm seeing people aren't going to sit by and let it happen. Sadly I didn't get to the meeting in Christchurch as I was working away from the city at the time but I'm sure they were left in no doubt as to how we feel.
    Father of Finlay, born 8th April 2008, absent pancreas, absent gall bladder, multiple heart defects.
    Pumping since 18th April 2008

Read about Finlay

I went to 2 meetings here in Auckland. I don't think they expected the backlash they got. Hopefully they will rethink or at least tweak the proposal. Unfortunately I think the pump proposal has got lost in the meter outcry, although I sent in about that too.
    There is a piece about the meters on Campbell Live tonight at 7pm. They have interviewed a couple of people with D, and I think Diabetes NZ and possibly Pharmac.
    MM 722 since March 09

Any updates on the outcome?
    8/2010 - 9/2011 MDI, Lantus & Humalog
    9/2011- Medtronic Revel 723 & CGM
    11/2012 - Dexcom G4

"Life is not waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to DANCE in the rain."

Quote Originally Posted by MomofSweetOne View Post
    Any updates on the outcome?
    Still fighting
    MM 722 since March 09

Most of New Zealand are now using the Caresens meters..
    You can get a special authority if you use an:
    Accu Chek Spirit Combo Pump - AccuChek Performa (aviva) strips,
    or
    Optium (Precision Xtra ) IF you used the meter for both glucose and ketone levels prior to June 2012.. Optium Freestyle Strips.
    It seems to be a total disaster so far with differing numbers, lack of control solutions.

But we're still fighting..
    Jane Mum of Rachel, 12, dx'd @11 months.

Keep Calm and Treat the Number