advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insulet Customer Support Experience

Wow-- we went through that same experience last Easter. We had tickets to a dinner theatre 3 hours away from our home. Knowing that we needed to do a site change, I opted to do it in the long car ride and had packed 3 extra pods to get us through the weekend. After the first pod started screaming upon filling (just like your experience, Swellman), we turned off every electronic device, including the radio, in case it was a communication error? But it happened with them all. I called our rep on a Friday afternoon at 4pm and she contacted a rep that was in our current location. He met us at a Target parking lot with 3 pods and even waited in the rain until it was successfully inserted in DS. They saved our whole Easter weekend!!!! His explanation was that for some reason it was a pressure filling issue. I'm actually very frightened that it is still happening as we're going on a 9 day vaca next week to Disney World.
    Parents of:
    8yo son
    Diagnosed DM1 Oct 5, 2010 at 6.5yo
    Omnipod pumping Dec 14, 2010

Dexcom CGMing Oct 30, 2011
    Waterskiing since 2.5 yo!

9yo daughter
    A great supporter of her little bro!

"Your strength will come from settling down in complte dependence on Me." Isaiah 30:15

Always a good idea (hindsight IS 20/20 right?) to carry back-up lantus, novolog and syringes. I even try to keep 10+ extra syringes around in case the pump fails when I'm out and I have to pull insulin from a cartridge - that happened to us once at a pool party and was a big ugh.

Glad they came through for you. It is interesting that none of the pods you brought worked - but you'd think if going through x-ray/scanning did that there would be more reports of it - unless it was some sort of new scanner we haven't heard much about.
    Carol G.
    mom to William, age 11, dx'd 3/04 and started pumping 10/04 - Animas 1200. Animas Ping started 01/09; cgms Navigator start 4/6/09; RIP Navigator 9-1-11, Dexcom 7+start 10/11, G4 start 11/12.
    and mom to Rod (15) not D

Quote Originally Posted by selketine View Post
    Always a good idea (hindsight IS 20/20 right?) to carry back-up lantus, novolog and syringes. I even try to keep 10+ extra syringes around in case the pump fails when I'm out and I have to pull insulin from a cartridge - that happened to us once at a pool party and was a big ugh.

Glad they came through for you. It is interesting that none of the pods you brought worked - but you'd think if going through x-ray/scanning did that there would be more reports of it - unless it was some sort of new scanner we haven't heard much about.
    We're still on the pods that they gave us in Manhattan - all made it back fully functional. I have absolutely no theory as to what may have happened and I would guess any feedback from Insulet would be a guess at best.

It will be much more telling when we get to our old supply and see what happens then.

This is NOT a theory but just a thought - we were flying during the big solar storm. We didn't drop the back pack they were in but my 11 YO son was carrying it - he could have been rough with it but I didn't see it. It was scanned along with our carry on luggage. If all the other from that original box work fine then it was either a random event (scary but possible) or we caused the failure through the travel process.

Always, always take your back up Lantus - this is the lesson learned for us.
    Stay at home Dad to son, 13.
    Diagnosed: 02/2006
    OmniPod: 09/2007, Novolog
    Dexcom Seven Plus: 02/2010 Dexcom G4: 01/2013

Throughout history

Every mystery
    EVER solved has turned out to be ...
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Hydrogen, given sufficient time, turns into people. - The Meaning of Life

Quote Originally Posted by swellman View Post
    I have absolutely no theory as to what may have happened and I would guess any feedback from Insulet would be a guess at best.
    Maybe this time it WAS magic!

I don't know - that all 4 failed on the way up seems like it wasn't coincidence. I'm not so familiar with the Omnipod to even guess what happened though. I'd think my whole system was broken if I had that many failures in a row.
    Carol G.
    mom to William, age 11, dx'd 3/04 and started pumping 10/04 - Animas 1200. Animas Ping started 01/09; cgms Navigator start 4/6/09; RIP Navigator 9-1-11, Dexcom 7+start 10/11, G4 start 11/12.
    and mom to Rod (15) not D

Quote Originally Posted by selketine View Post
    Maybe this time it WAS magic!
    That's the only thing I am absolutely sure it wasn't.
    Stay at home Dad to son, 13.
    Diagnosed: 02/2006
    OmniPod: 09/2007, Novolog
    Dexcom Seven Plus: 02/2010 Dexcom G4: 01/2013

Throughout history

Every mystery
    EVER solved has turned out to be ...
    Not Magic. - Tim Minchin

Hydrogen, given sufficient time, turns into people. - The Meaning of Life

Glad it all worked out!

We have been almost 4 years with the omnipod, and they have always have excellent customer service for us too!
    DS type1 D - 12,
    Dx' 07
    Dexcom & omnipod 08, & CGM in the cloud - 07/14!!!

"Laughter is the best medicine - unless you have diabetes, then insulin goes pretty high on the list."