advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funding Scholarships for CWD through DSF

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Maybe people just don't understand why you needed to create a thread letting us all know that you donated. And I think it was pretty clear in the other two threads how people could donate. When it comes to donating people's hard earned money, people bristle a little bit when others try and encourage them to spend it on something. Most people can figure it out for themselves.

This post will probably be deleted like my other one, but just know, I have no problem with you or how you choose to spend your money.
    So, JDRF doesnt encourage people to donate money? What about the American Cancer society? I think the OP was just making a suggestion about donating to this worthy cause. If you dont want to donate to it, dont.
    Becky, Mom to Steven 12, dxd 7/04 MDI humolog and Lantus, Harry 14 non-d My 2 awesome boys

Right now three things remain: Faith, hope and love But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

"There is no rightness in diabetes. Just sometimes, you're less wrong." by Jacobs Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Maybe people just don't understand why you needed to create a thread letting us all know that you donated. And I think it was pretty clear in the other two threads how people could donate. When it comes to donating people's hard earned money, people bristle a little bit when others try and encourage them to spend it on something. Most people can figure it out for themselves.

This post will probably be deleted like my other one, but just know, I have no problem with you or how you choose to spend your money.
    Well Christopher, since you ask about my business, the reason I said I donated was because in the other thread I said I was going to donate, and I wanted to let people know that I kept my word. I put my money where my mouth is. Also, I wanted to encourage others to donate. Who are the people you are talking about that don't understand that? If you tell me who they are, I would be happy tp contact them personally instead of having you act as a middleman so to speak.
    I agree, people can figure out things on their own, given the opportunity and knowledge regarding worthy organizations. Thank you so kindly for explaining things to me.
    Susan
    Grandma to Hailey age 11 dx type 1 age 4
    pumping with Omnipod since 8/09
    and Faith age 7
    and now little Macey Ella age 1 year Dx with allergies to nuts, wheat, eggs, and soy

True heroism consists in being superior to the ills of life, in whatever shape they may challenge us to combat.

Napoleon I (1769-1821) Napoleon Bonaparte. French general.

Enough already.

Remember, we are not the enemy, diabetes is.
    K, 9.5yrs, dx 1/06 @35months
    Pumping MM 723 w/ Mio sets and Apidra
    Celiac dx 5/08
    Cgms-ing 11/07
    Podding for 'tubing' breaks 4/11