advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About that *Acceptance of D* thing - a few thoughts, in no particular order

Glad to see this post was bumped. Just what I needed to read today! Over coming fear is my biggest obstacle..my faith helps, but I have moments that literally make me stop breathing because of the fear D brings to my head, heart and soul. It has gotten easier, but if I dwell, the fear quickly comes. Deep breathing and prayers help. Thank you Paula for the reminder that life can go on even when you share it with an elephant!
    Allison
    Mom to:
    Olivia (age 11) dx'd 8/26/11 - 8 yrs old Pink Ping 2/24/12 Dexcom G4 3/24/14
    John (age 4) nonD

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thankfully, God knew my plans were to visit Holland...not Italy!

Funnily enough I recently wrote about this: http://jdca2025.wordpress.com/2012/0...vulnerability/

Accepting diabetes is still such a strange idea to me. Not like I'm fighting it ( otherwise it's a battle lost ) but phrasing it like that always weirded me out, as if I was having to "let go" of something by accepting it. I don't know, maybe I'm just an odd guy lol.

There is a great post here on parenting a Child with Diabetes
    Jane Mum of Rachel, 12, dx'd @11 months.

Keep Calm and Treat the Number