Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About that *Acceptance of D* thing - a few thoughts, in no particular order

Northern California

Glad to see this post was bumped. Just what I needed to read today! Over coming fear is my biggest faith helps, but I have moments that literally make me stop breathing because of the fear D brings to my head, heart and soul. It has gotten easier, but if I dwell, the fear quickly comes. Deep breathing and prayers help. Thank you Paula for the reminder that life can go on even when you share it with an elephant!
    Mom to:
    Olivia (age 12) dx'd 8/26/11 - 8 yrs old Pink Ping 2/24/12 Dexcom G4 3/24/14
    John (age 6) nonD

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thankfully, God knew my plans were to visit Holland...not Italy!

Funnily enough I recently wrote about this:

Accepting diabetes is still such a strange idea to me. Not like I'm fighting it ( otherwise it's a battle lost ) but phrasing it like that always weirded me out, as if I was having to "let go" of something by accepting it. I don't know, maybe I'm just an odd guy lol.

There is a great post here on parenting a Child with Diabetes
    Jane Mum of Rachel, 14, dx'd @11 months and Anna, 19, dx'd @ 17 .

Keep Calm and Treat the Number