advertisement

Thread: Blog about the Telcare meter

Default Blog about the Telcare meter

I just saw Scott Johnson's blog about the Telcare meter on Twitter. I know it was posted somewhere on CWD when the meter was initially FDA approved, but the blog makes it sound pretty interesting so I thought I'd share it on here.

BG readings are automatically uploaded to an online logging system, which looks to me like it'd be particularly useful for parents of CWD - I guess that if a child was at school and you were at work/home you'd be able to just look online and check out their recent BG readings without needing a call from the nurse.

It also mentions that it can be set up so that texts are sent to the PWD if BGs are in a particular range - for example, a reminder for ketone testing. That could be useful for some teens who are just taking over diabetes care and might need reminders.

I think it looks pretty cool, myself. And I suck at logging, so it might be nice in that respect as well.

ETA: Kerri blogged about it too.
    EMMA - 21
    diagnosed T1 6th july 2007
    pumping with MM522 since july 2008
    MM523 since august 2012
    MM CGMS since november 2009

cetirizine hydrochloride for solar urticaria dx'd in 2002
    levothyroxine for autoimmune hypothyroidism dx'd 13th may 2010
    venlafaxine, mirtazapine, lamotrigine and diazepam for bipolar disorder
    studying psychology at university

twitter @emm142

Default Koolio

Thanks for the link and info Emma...I am seriously looking into getting one of these for my son. He feels like I am constantly nagging him when I ask him to log and the poor nurse is having to email me his numbers every day so that the doctor and I can tweak his dosage...this would be so so helpful with all of that. Not to mention I can be in the know when he goes to scout camp this summer.

I just put a call into our case manager to see if she will file for an exception so our insurance will cover the strips. Right now they will not because they are not available at a pharmacy, but they cost about 1/2 the amount of the strips I currently use, so she thinks they are being silly and is going to see if she can get them to override that decision....fingers crossed!
    Becky

Blogging about our T1 journey

Married to Mark
    Mother to:
    Ashlyn 21 Awesome daughter, disovering her self
    Seth 14 diagnosed T1: Pumping with Medtronic since 4/30/12
    Leah 13 my super emotionally needy child who feels displaced with Seths diagnosis