advertisement

Thread: Zine

Default Zine

I am planning on launching a diabetes zine this year. I expect to finish the first issue this week. It is intended for people who already know something about diabetes and contains puzzles, little known facts, stories, and articles. It is handwritten and illustrated.

If you want to know more and/or are interested in receiving a copy, please send me a PM.
    -Jonah
    dx age 17, now 25
    on Lantus for 7 years; on minimed 530 G since 12/7/13

Look forward to it.

Cool! I read some zines online.....will yours be online? Congrats
    Allison
    Mom to:
    Olivia (age 11) dx'd 8/26/11 - 8 yrs old Pink Ping 2/24/12 Dexcom G4 3/24/14
    John (age 4) nonD

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thankfully, God knew my plans were to visit Holland...not Italy!

At the moment, I am only planning on distributing hard copies (that is, sheets of paper with a rubber band for binding) of my zine. Maybe in the future I will scan it up but if you want to get a copy anytime soon, you will have to get it in the mail (unless you are planning on being in Chicago).

I really think that having a turn-the-pages format, and being able to write on it, are valuable parts of this zine. Maybe for future issues the hassle of having to mail it out will outweigh the thrill of a hard copy achievement, or something, but not yet.
    -Jonah
    dx age 17, now 25
    on Lantus for 7 years; on minimed 530 G since 12/7/13

Just read Jonah's "zine" and it is very interesting and informative with great hand drawn illustrations and even a self drawn self portrait. Thank you for this and all good info you are always providing online. I look forward to your next issue.
    Helen, mom of active 18 year old
    Feb 2014 switched to Animas Vibe with integrated DEX, Inset II
    2008-2014 MM722 and Mio's

I'm going to hold out until you get the horse and buggy delivery option!

Just kidding of course. I always look forward to your posts in the research section and would consider walking to Chicago (in the summer) to get a hold of a copy.
    Father of Andrew T1: diagnosed Oct/2009 at age 6. MDI, NovoRapid via NovoPen Echo, Lantus via syringe. Stopped using NPH.