advertisement

Thread: Quickset site won't stay

Default Quickset site won't stay

Quickset keeps lifting off skin. Only working a day and half for my daughter before she has to site change. Using IV Prep under site tried skin tac but is causes irritation.

Using Minimed Paradigm Quick Set 23? 6MM.

Welcome any tips, tricks, suggestions you may have.

Thanks
    Cathy
    Mom to Chanae' 19 years old, Duchess to Chase 6 months and Ciann 13 yrs old, diagnosed 1/6/2007 at 7 ~ Pumping Since August 08 ~ Graves Disease diagnosed August 2011. Minimed Revel

There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from. Elizabeth Kubler

Do you think it could be any lotions, bath salts/oils, bodywash?

Have you tried using just alcohol wipes?

We use povidone or alcohol to prepare the site and cover quicksets and mios with tegaderm hp.

Area is cleaned before we apply. Will try just plain alcohol. Thanks
    Cathy
    Mom to Chanae' 19 years old, Duchess to Chase 6 months and Ciann 13 yrs old, diagnosed 1/6/2007 at 7 ~ Pumping Since August 08 ~ Graves Disease diagnosed August 2011. Minimed Revel

There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from. Elizabeth Kubler

Never heard of povidone. Also do you cover the entire quicket with tegaderm hp or just around edges?
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Flossi View Post
    Never heard of povidone. Also do you cover the entire quicket with tegaderm hp or just around edges?

We cut out a small square from the middle of the tegaderm hp, disconnect the quickset, and then place the Tegaderm HP over the site. This way, she can disconnect if she needs, but the site is reinforced with the Tegaderm HP.

This page shows IV3000 with a circle cut of the center for infusion sets. IV3000 just doesn't work for my DD. The page also shows Betadine swabs and Tegaderm HP.

https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/store/products/PS-ALL

Make sure the site is dry. We were having issues and it was because the site was still damp after a bath. We change the site with bath time, my DD skin was moist after a bath. We would clean it with alcohol bet hte skin was still moist. Letting the alcohol dry and a second cleaning helps but the big difference is mom drying her off.
    Kaylee 5, DXD 3/2009, Pumping MInimed, Novolog
    Juliann 2 Non D, Allergic to everything

Default Skin Tac

Skin tac is wonderful stuff and isn't very expensive -- we ordered a bottle just the other day. Also, sometimes certain sets come off easier... we learned the hard way -- the sets weren't working for Sebas for a month before our Medtronic rep got the notion to switch sets for us and, wella!!! We just had no idea using another set could make such a big difference. Now, we try not to get fixated on making something work... we try a couple of times and then ask if there might be something else we could try.

When our daughter used just an alcohol wipe, the site stuck better than with Skin Prep or IV Prep. The only problem was that the skin underneath got irritated without a barrier.
    mom to Molly, 21, dx 7/9/10
    Pumping with Animas Ping 11/10
    Dave, 24, non D
    Wife to Bob...great guy!!

I use IV prep, then if I'm putting it on my butt or leg I put IV3000 over it. I use the prev site to cut the IV3000 so that it covers the tape on the site (but not the plastic part of the site) then stick it on.

Oh, I just realized your using the quick sets, not sure what they look like, I do this with the straight sets....
    - Jess, age 18- dx with t1d 2/3/10
    PINGING!!!!!11/8/10
    DEXCOMING! with the G4
    Carteract free since 10/28/10

Check out my blog - http://savedbythesnow.blogspot.com

college student (Class of 2017) and a nursing major