advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pandering to Diabetics? You bet! (hold on to your hats)

"Price is Right host Drew Cary recently corralled his diabetes and lost 80 pounds after stopping all sugars and carbs. He focused on fresh fruits and vegetables"
    bahahahahaha.

Alison, mama to Tony (6 years old), diagnosed 5/10/07 at 20 months old on MDI, lantus and novolog. He also has hypotonia and developmental delays
    Gemma Lynn 9/04/08-tested for trialnet 8/10 results negative

love the comments underneath the article!!!
    Susan
    Grandma to Hailey age 11 dx type 1 age 4
    pumping with Omnipod since 8/09
    and Faith age 7
    and now little Macey Ella age 1 year Dx with allergies to nuts, wheat, eggs, and soy

True heroism consists in being superior to the ills of life, in whatever shape they may challenge us to combat.

Napoleon I (1769-1821) Napoleon Bonaparte. French general.

We were hosting a JDRF fundraiser at Dairy Queen, selling the paper sneakers. One of our drive through customers was irate that we would DARE sell paper sneakers for diabetes research when we were the ones causing diabetes. I was not the one working at the drive-through window, but I was very proud of my employee who said, "Juvenile diabetes isn't caused by eating sugar!"

Some people just don't want to learn...this customer certainly didn't. She said she was offended by the sale and wouldn't be back.
    Jennifer D in NC
    Wife to John, my high school sweetheart, and mom of:
    Joshua , 18
    Joseph, 16
    and Jayden, 14, dx 12/28/07 T1D, Pod People as of 05/14/2011,Novolog

Quote Originally Posted by sooz View Post
    love the comments underneath the article!!!
    Me too!
    12 year old son T1 diagnosed @ age 10, July 16 2010
    MDI: Humalog & Lantus

Home schooling my son for the first time this year.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity". Gilda Radner, 1946-1989

I love the replies he got But Im really hoping some people I know never run across this article, lol. I can already imagine getting a copy of it emailed to me with their "opinion" (which they always assume is the only one there is) Some people never learn, lol.
    Eileen
    Chrones Disease dxd 05/2009

married to Stephen, My rock even when he cant be here with us.

Mommy to Aeden Rian age 4. dxd 08/07/09
    Meds- Lantus and Novolog I:C with sliding correction scale

Pumping with MM Revel Paradigm 7/26/2011

Mommy to Carol Patricia Rose b.3/19/2011, our newest addition

Mommy to Patrick b.10/20/05 d. 10/26/05
    ~Our Angel in Heaven~

Quote Originally Posted by ehacker View Post
    I love the replies he got But Im really hoping some people I know never run across this article, lol. I can already imagine getting a copy of it emailed to me with their "opinion" (which they always assume is the only one there is) Some people never learn, lol.
    I had the same thoughts. I know someone will send it to me.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity". Gilda Radner, 1946-1989

That is just an ignorant article. I clicked on to his blog and sent him a comment. I asked him to take back the article and to use his influence to educate people about the differences of Type 1 and Type 1.
    Kristen
    Mom to 3 wonderful kids!
    Kelly age:23 non-d
    Patrick age: 22 non-d
    Caitlin age: 13 D, Dx'd 5/19/11
    Humalog and Lantus

"Far and Away the best prize that Life has to offer is the chance" *Theodore Roosevelt

'We must become the change we want to see in the world" *Mahandas Gandhi

I read it and wow. But I do rather like #16 LOL