advertisement

Thread: Possible Cure for Type 2 is Hopeful

Default Possible Cure for Type 2 is Hopeful

My family has a lot of Type 2 Diabetes. My mother, aunt, my grandmother, and so on... This is hopeful news. Not sure if it's been posted, but thought I'd share.

http://www.healthjockey.com/2011/06/...pe-2-diabetes/

Proud Mother to:
    Patrick (22) Non-D
    Dylan (15) Non-D
    Michael (9) Non-D / Autistic & Thriving
    Erin (7) Dx'd at 5 on 11/30/08 Celiac Disease 4/18/11
    Pumping with the PINK Animas PING since 11/13/09

This seems easy to do, but I know it is hard to eat less.
    Amy
    Mom to a young adult Animas Ping pumper and DexCom G4 user. 2nd year college student, now living in a co-op house. Dx'd over 16 years ago at 3 years old.

Hi

Let's go diabetics type 2.. you could do it and you could share you experience on forum.. like a diary of your progress .It would be nice and motivate other CWD members to try to improve their diet.

I'm diabetes type 1 but I noticed the diet+ sport influences a lot my insulin needs. IF I would not have the auto-immune type 1, I don't doubt, I could reverse my diabetes type 2..

It would be really nice to have some nice experience with Diet + sport ...
    Intense program with big results.. It's a lot of work but just imagine..,
    If you work very hard 2month on daily basis....you may reverse your diabetes type 2. You have the chance to be type 2. try it.. and post your progress.

Good luck!!
    You can join the lobby group newsletter totally free at http://hdiabetes.com for suppport DR Faustman's research.

Smile Auto immune and other issues type 2

I too hope for a cure to this mess known as Type 2 Insulin Resistant diabetes that appears to make up 80 per cent of all diabetics. While an auto-immune disease make may up some aspect of this disease, based upon scientific studies reporting to the ADA and others; that does not seem a complete picture.

This is a disease that involves the endocrine system ? liver, pancreas, gut/intestine and hormones and the thyroid organ as well as the fat cells, skeletal muscle cells etc.

Reasons for this diabetes presence are probably due to reasons from a complex of these organs, hormones and signals.

Crisis management would seem to suggest a two step process that involves stopping the rot and second finding an acceptable cure over all.

What is amazing, that at the time that modern science has been improving agricultural prowess, harvest improvements, genetic improvements to enhance the productivity and energy content of grains, corns, rice and sugars as well as manufacturing techniques to convert starch to sugar and improve sugar?s from corn etc, ;; resulting in 24/7 availability of high energy snacks and food stuffs that only if we were moving two ton stone blocks by hand for the pharaohs tombs and edifices, we might be healthier. There has been a resulting explosion of type 2 diabetes around the world resulting in what some claim is 200 to 300 per cent jump in numbers. We are seeing growing numbers of this problem at younger and younger ages.

We are seeing surprising jumps in this diabetes and heart problems on native peoples taken off their traditional diets and animal products and put on ?white man? ?western ? foods and diets.

At the same time we are seeing an amazing drop in exercise and exercise related efforts dur to all the new couch potato low physical effort computer products, video games , cars and labour saving products. Energy burn is dropping as energy food intake remains similar but nor reduced to match the energy effort burn.

On top of all these issues there appears to be this orthodoxy notwithstanding sponsored scientific studies to the contrary that the human body according to current told nonsense is an infinite energy store device that one simply adds insulin to get rid of the stuff at all times. The fact is that glucose storage in the human body is finite and scientific logic suggests that is if one constantly exceeds the energy burn of the body, excess glucose will build up and fill the local storage sites of the liver, fat cells, skeletal muscle cells to fully loaded. Scientific studies also suggest that once these cells are full, these cells will turn off their response to the pancreas insulin resulting in glucose backing up in the blood stream, higher constant BG numbers and rotting out the plumbing and balance of body, eyes, kidneys etc. This part is not shared with folks on the present one-half told story of the human body and insulin operation by certain groups that have data they paid for and should know better.

In this persons view after 30 years as type 2 doing the wrong things and know after the last 4 years of that period with my Doctor?s most capable assistance and direction getting the medical conditions of super leaky liver and incorrect operation arrested. Once liver conditions arrested by metformin, my diet of 1200 calories a day and 2 miles finally kicked in to help arrest the mess and drop my weight to under 250 lbs after being at 330lbs.
    It is most curious to report that 2 years prior to getting liver nonsense arrested , my weight just kept climbing up to 330 pounds. After arresting liver ( A1C dropped from 13.3 to 6.4) my weight finally dropped and to under 250 lbs. This was last 2 years.

Conclusion, medical organ mess-ups can override/swamp diet and exercise considerations completely.

Once liver arrested, Carb control and 2 miles walking exercise critical to keeping local fat, liver and muscle cells local glucose storage from filling up, turn off insulin resistance and maintaining acceptable BG level performance.
    The summary story here is that energy balance in physical machines, human chemical body and any living thing is critical or break and wear out the same.

This is based upon my direct experience saving my butt. And extensive data recording BG numbers and finally using a CGMS. I am not selling a cure and am not a medical person or part of that profession.

Smile without cgms - eating less is hard to do

Amy C makes a great point.

As I have a cgms now, I end up being like as fireman watching the boiler site glass.

As I am watching the dang thing, I get quick feedback on results of what I ate and am making adjustments when I see I blow it and exceed the carbs.

The good news is that I can adjust meal to meal to even out the misses.

I am sure there are good folks using the caveman machine but my CGMS keeps me honest.

I have a couple of problems with this post. First the webpage is one of those very annoying ones that wants to stop you from leaving. Hate that.
    Secondly, it states that it involved a "clinical examination involving 11 people unfolded that all participants reversed their diabetes by extensively lowering their calorie intake with just 600 calories for 2 months.".
    Eleven people? Really? Who ate only 600 calories for a very short time? This is not science.
    It has long been recognized by real scientific studies that diet, weight and lifestyle changes can have a very positive effect on type 2. This 'study' adds no new or valuable information, and to call it a 'cure' is ridiculous.

Smile possible cure on type 2 - au contrare

Not to be combative:

When one looks around to see if there is any curious results on type 2 issues, work that has unexplained results, bariatric surgery, lap band , staravation diets are in that class.

While not complete validated cures as represented by larger studies, the work done is using the latest in mri spectography analysis to review results when obtaining curious results.

If any one thinks the current efforts are achieveing anything with the numbers jumping through the roof, while bodies continue to rot out without cure improvements. I take umbrage at the negative comments.

Current efforts seem locked on target like an errant heat seaking missile chasing a decoy flare, on looking for the single silver bullit solution killing vampires when in fact we have a very complex problem /disease including medical issues, carbs control, exercise and multi-organ complex and hormones that the broken violen of its your pancreas does not work and as for Insulin resistance for type 2's we have no rational answer for what that is all about?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CAGrandma View Post
    it states that it involved a "clinical examination involving 11 people unfolded that all participants reversed their diabetes by extensively lowering their calorie intake with just 600 calories for 2 months.".
    Eleven people? Really? Who ate only 600 calories for a very short time? This is not science.
    It has long been recognized by real scientific studies that diet, weight and lifestyle changes can have a very positive effect on type 2. This 'study' adds no new or valuable information, and to call it a 'cure' is ridiculous.
    I agree - a "cure" is a bit dramatic. Looking at the stats of T2DM (http://www.healthline.com/health/typ...tes/statistics
    ) makes it pretty clear that there is no quick fix. But yes, of course diet, weight, and lifestyle changes are essential to appropriate management and even prevention. People just have to know that management and prevention do not equal a cure!!!