advertisement

Thread: Dexcom "sensor error"

Default Dexcom "sensor error"

I've never had one of these before. Can I just restart or do I need to change it? Her number on her cgm just started shooting up for no reason. It was at 113 about 45 min ago, then started rising and now had 220 double arrows up. Checked BG 98, so I entered it in. Now it gave me sensor error...I think I confused it
    Lori
    Wifey to Baker
    Mommy to the two most beautiful girls!
    Ashlee, 7
    Dx 3/3/09
    pumping with the omni pod and dexing since March 2010

Madison, 9, Non-D

Gavin, 2

We have had receiver errors I think but never a sensor error. We had to send back the receiver. So perhaps the sensor wore out. You can call Dexcom but honestly they only have on call people at night. I called once and a lady who was half asleep answered. They are on pacific time so you might catch them before they go to bed . Sorry I can't be of more help.

Barb,Mom of:
    11yo DD T1D, DX 12/26/09 and 16yo DD with ADHD ~ Grandma to Joanie the "pump" cat and Latte the Chocolate Lab...too busy to be a DAD.

Purple MM and Dexcom CGM in August of 2010.

The restart worked, thanks!
    Lori
    Wifey to Baker
    Ashlee, 7
    Dx 3/3/09

Madison, 9, Non-D

Gavin, 2

Was it a Sensor Error #1?

We've had a few of these lately and all we can attribute them to is when we've calibrated after being out of range and there's a big disparity between the numbers.

We usually leave it, and then it'll go to ??? and usually rights itself after an hour or two. Although last weekend we had to replace 2 sensors on consecutive days (Dexcom are ALWAYS awesome about sending replacements, so always call them in!).

What I have started doing now, with better success, is "shut down" when he's going swimming (or out of range), then turning it back on when he's finished. This has virtually eliminated the problem.

Good luck!
    Suzanne, mom to
    Kieran - 7 yrs dx Oct 2009. CGM since 3/24/10, pumping with blue Animas Ping since 4/26/10
    Ellie - 4 yrs non-D

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    Was it a Sensor Error #1?

We've had a few of these lately and all we can attribute them to is when we've calibrated after being out of range and there's a big disparity between the numbers.

We usually leave it, and then it'll go to ??? and usually rights itself after an hour or two. Although last weekend we had to replace 2 sensors on consecutive days (Dexcom are ALWAYS awesome about sending replacements, so always call them in!).

What I have started doing now, with better success, is "shut down" when he's going swimming (or out of range), then turning it back on when he's finished. This has virtually eliminated the problem.

Good luck!
    yes, and thats exactly what happened...a very big difference between the dexcom number and the calibration number. Good to know it corrects itself. I just went ahead and stopped the sensor and restarted the same one and its been fine ever since. Thanks
    Lori
    Wifey to Baker
    Ashlee, 7
    Dx 3/3/09

Madison, 9, Non-D

Gavin, 2

So far, I've had about four sensors that gave me Sensor Error 1s. With three, they gave me the error as I was entering the first or second blood sugar reading after a restart and just putting in another number made it work fine.

But with a recent sensor (and admittedly this was about twelve hours after a restart) it said sensor error 1 when I calibrated (the numbers were not close), I gave it another number, it said sensor error 1, I waited, an hour later it beeped and said sensor error 1, I put in another bg number, it said sensor error 1, I pulled the sensor and went to bed.
    -Jonah
    dx age 17, now 25
    on Lantus for 7 years; on minimed 530 G since 12/7/13

We've had Sensor error #1 with our Dexcom. I think it happens when the sensor just completely disagrees with the bg you've entered. I believe after waiting several hours it eventually righted itself and we didn't have to pull it off.

Mom to Olivia - b 5-21-2002 (non-D)
    Lila- b 4-21-2004, dxd 12/28/07
    Amelia - b 9/28/2012 (non-D)
    pumping on Omnipod since 5-1-2009
    Dexcom platinum G4