advertisement

Thread: current Omnipod cost?

Default current Omnipod cost?

Does anyone know what the current prices (start-up & monthly supplies) are for the Omnipod? Our insurance does not cover it at all, so I would like to see if it's something we could afford to pay on our own. Their website does not give pricing info...you have to give them all of your personal + insurance info, and they will talk to your insurance company and get back to you. But I don't really want them to have my personal/insurance info until I am ready to do business with them. The pricing info I have found in here seems to be from a while ago, so I am a little concerned that it might be out of date. I have seen/heard wildly different costs for start-up and supplies.

Does anyone have current info?

~Anna

We had to replace a PDM and the cost was $500 plus shipping. Looking at our last statement the cost for Pods is $276.30 for a box of 10. We change pods every 3 days - occasionally sooner for various errors etc.
    Mom to Madison (18)
    dxd 8/5/09
    Omnipod pump using Novalog 4/10
    Dexcom 3/13

So, if you don't mind my asking, is that what you pay with insurance coverage, or without?

That's the cost on the invoice pre-insurance. Our insurance pays 90% so my cost is $27.60/box.
    Mom to Madison (18)
    dxd 8/5/09
    Omnipod pump using Novalog 4/10
    Dexcom 3/13

If your insurance does not cover any of the supplies, Omnipod might have a program to help people out. I would check with the company, it never hurts to ask.

Good Luck

Call Insulet and ask them how they can work with your insurance company to make the Omnipod more affordable for you. Without insurance coverage, supplies can be prohibitively expensive. They are usually covered under DME.

KatieSue, we have insured our PDM (and CGM) with State Farm insurance. If it is lost or stolen, the insurance company will replace it with no deductible. I'm paying about $46 per year for the PDM and about the same I think for the Dexcom stuff. It's worth calling your homeowners insurance company to see if they will insure medical devices. It's peace-of-mind for me since I do not need to worry about loss. Obviously if the devices fail, Insulet/Dexcom would replace it anyway but not for loss.
    ------------------------------------------------
    14 year old son Jeremy Dx Type 1 Dec 15th 2009.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    Omnipod - November 1st 2010
    Dexcom - April 18th 2011
    ------------------------------------------------

We just bought an omnipod.. we did the 'cut the cord' so the PDM was $199, the pods themselves are about $450 for a box of 10 (about a months worth) lucky for us our insurance will cover one set or the other.. either the pods or the regular pump sets, so we switch back n forth.
    K, 11yrs, dx 1/06 @35months
    Pumping Since 7/06 w/ MM
    PUMPING w/T:Slim 5/14
    Apidra
    Celiac dx 5/08
    Cgms-ing 11/07
    Dexcom G4 2/14
    Podding for 'tubing' breaks 4/11