advertisement

Thread: MM Guardian - Wouldn't it be great...

Default MM Guardian - Wouldn't it be great...

IF - the guardian monitor could display on a wrist watch, rather than the bulky monitor offered now?? The guardian is as big as the pump, and it doesn't need to be!

We asked Cooper for his "number" the other day, and he looked at his watch first (mistakingly). My husband and I looked at eachother, and said, "WOW - wouldn't that be AWESOME?!!"

So come on Medtronic - give us something a little more practical, easy to wear and out of the way!!
    Nicky, mom to Cooper (9yrs - dx'd 11-06, Guardian Real Time CGM 4-07, Omnipod 8-07 ), Tucker (8yrs) & Teagan (5yrs)

Thats a great idea.

I've often thought it would be great if the MM cgms had a more custom-able alarms. So Instead of it saying BG now, or Alarm clock that we can input a message like: Meds or personal events.
    *~*~Michelle~*~*

I'd love for it to display on my phone, even when I'm not near him. There have been rumors that they're working on something like that, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Mom to J., age 10
    Dx 2007 @ age 3
    Medtronic pump and CGM (4/2008-6/2013)
    Tandem t:slim and Dexcom G4 CGM (current)
    CGM in the Cloud 7/2014

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyegirl View Post
    I'd love for it to display on my phone, even when I'm not near him. There have been rumors that they're working on something like that, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I bet that's scheduled to be released with the MySentry
    Jill - adult type 1.
    Minimed pump, Dexcom.

Quote Originally Posted by jilmarie View Post
    I bet that's scheduled to be released with the MySentry
    ROFL! Ah, the elusive MySentry....
    Mom to J., age 10
    Dx 2007 @ age 3
    Medtronic pump and CGM (4/2008-6/2013)
    Tandem t:slim and Dexcom G4 CGM (current)
    CGM in the Cloud 7/2014

ROFL! Ah, the elusive MySentry....
    hahaha. I hope they get something because I know dh is not going to be able to hear any of the alarms...period. We need some sort of amplifier.

they could make something small like an ipod shuffle that just clips on and displays a number, and an arrow. I mean, w hy DOES it have to be so big (same with dex and nav)

Ahh Medtronic - my list for you is looong!!! How about an alarm that will actually wake someone up!!! An app for carelink for my phone where I can log carbs, site changes, etc. (or a button on the pump for that matter) - or a PDA device like the omni pod that can also be a bg meter with a backlight!!!!

My little rant.
    Deb mom to Grace age 12 T1 dxd 10/30/08
    Pumping Medtronic Minimed since 5/19/09
    Beau 18 HLHS, pacemaker