advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr Phil show today

Unhappy Dr Phil show today

Im watching the Dr Phil show now and its one of the most disturbing, sickening ones Ive ever seen. Ive been crying since I turned it on I dont understand and will never understand what could drive a person to treat their child this way. I so want to go to this womans house and hold him in my arms and take him home with me. I promise I would never hurt him and would love him. She is dispicable!!!!

http://drphil.com/slideshows/slidesh...62&showID=1545
    Becky, Mom to Steven 12, dxd 7/04 MDI humolog and Lantus, Harry 14 non-d My 2 awesome boys

Right now three things remain: Faith, hope and love But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

"There is no rightness in diabetes. Just sometimes, you're less wrong." by Jacobs Dad

Why isn't he taken away from her? I think she needs to go to jail.
    DS1, 17 yrs old, diag 3/2000 at 3 years old, pumping 2001,Minimed 508 2001, Cozmo 2004 & 2008, Animas Ping 5/09, Novolog ,Apidra(1/11),Back to Novolog 6/11, Insets 6mm, Navigator 8/08-5/09, Dexcom 5/09, Dexcom G4 12/12
    DS2 , 14 yrs old, diag 9/2000 at 10 months old, pumping 2001,Minimed 508 2001,Cozmo 2004 & 2008, Animas Ping 5/09, Revel 12/10, Back to Animas Ping 12/10, Novolog ,Insets 6mm, Navigator 9/08-5/09, Dexcom 5/09,Navigator 11/09,Guardian 9/10 Enlites 11/13,Minimed 730g 1/14

I won't even watch the video, just reading about it breaks my heart... I cannot watch anything that has any type of what may be child abuse (elder abuse, etc) in it. God bless this little boy. Some people can be so downright evil.

Kathy, Mom to
    Vincent - 16 1/2 ... dx'd 12/26/09 - MDI Humalog/Lantus (LOVES baseball);
    Jessica - 17 1/2... non-d, (girls track, girls fastpitch, student athletic trainer for all sports);
    wife to Jack

So did anything concrete happen at the end? Or did they just give her "suggestions" to try and that poor little boy will fall through society's cracks?
    Sally, My Boys' Mom
    Sweet Boy, 14, inventor, drummer - dx'd 2/13/09 - Pumping Minimed 8/09
    Sweet Boy, 14, gamer, dreamer - non-d
    Sweet young man, 23 - growing up...

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache "
    -D. Hall, Age 8

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoys'Mom View Post
    So did anything concrete happen at the end? Or did they just give her "suggestions" to try and that poor little boy will fall through society's cracks?
    Dr Phil said he was going to contact DCF and they were going to evaluate her and the situation to see if she could get help or if she should lose this boy. All I could think is, she should have given him back to the adoption agency instead of keeping him to torture him
    Becky, Mom to Steven 12, dxd 7/04 MDI humolog and Lantus, Harry 14 non-d My 2 awesome boys

Right now three things remain: Faith, hope and love But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

"There is no rightness in diabetes. Just sometimes, you're less wrong." by Jacobs Dad

Well, hopefully DCF was waiting for them when they got home. Hopefully the system will work. I pray for the little boy!
    Sally, My Boys' Mom
    Sweet Boy, 14, inventor, drummer - dx'd 2/13/09 - Pumping Minimed 8/09
    Sweet Boy, 14, gamer, dreamer - non-d
    Sweet young man, 23 - growing up...

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache "
    -D. Hall, Age 8

I watched the video you posted,and read some of the commentary from her husband and her and decided that when the showed aired here I would avoid it. I hate watching things like this. Makes me so sad. I hope they take that little boy and place him with a stable loving family. The husband's comments about cold showers being used in the military...WHAT? Really? This is a little boy,NOT some "grunt" who didn't follow orders. I see a HUGE difference between discipline and torture!

I couldn't get the video to play, but I read enough to get the gist of it. I hope that he really does get CPS or whoever involved.

Sadly cases like this are really more common than one would think. We live in a very sin-sick world.
    Liz mom to Jacob (16) dx'd in 2001, pumping coupled with ADHD and RA; and Sarah (13) a non-d but has mild CP, intractable migraines and food allergies; proud to be Dan's wife.

Our local CPS wouldn't do anything about that situation. They would do an interview but they wouldn't remove the child.

Maybe with this case being so public CPS will get involved and be waiting for her when she arrives home.
    Kristi,
    Tired & busy mom to 3 teens
    Matthew - age 21
    twins: Christopher - age 17
    Type I Katie Jane - age 17
    dx 2-13-07, pumping w/Cozmo
    Shots - age 5, diabetic alert dog

www.lildotspot.com

That's so horrible. How could anyone do that to a child?
    EMMA - 21
    diagnosed T1 6th july 2007
    pumping with MM522 since july 2008
    MM523 since august 2012
    MM CGMS since november 2009

cetirizine hydrochloride for solar urticaria dx'd in 2002
    levothyroxine for autoimmune hypothyroidism dx'd 13th may 2010
    venlafaxine, mirtazapine, lamotrigine and diazepam for bipolar disorder
    studying psychology at university

twitter @emm142