advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A message from MelStan Eilish's mom

Default A message from MelStan Eilish's mom

Hi Everyone,
    This was posted early on the candle page I started. I wanted to share with you all:

Melanie Ferguson1:51am Oct 23
    I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I haven't been able to respond until now, this is so crazy.. My heart is broken.. I cannot describe this grief. I loved this girl so much, and I don't know how I can possibly say goodbye to her. This IS the nightmare we're all so frightened of, and I can't believe it has happened to us and our beautiful, sweet child. I SO want to wake up from this nightmare

But please know that the outpouring of love and support has meant SO SO much to us.
    There is such comfort in the connection I feel to you all, even though I've never met many of you.
    Eilish would be blown away if she could see this. She has touched a lot of hearts in her short time on earth. I can't believe how many tributes she is getting from all over the world.

I just don't know how I will live through this (((

I will be back when I can...
    thankyou all ♥
    Diagnosed June '05
    Pumping since Feb '06
    Animas Ping
    Dexcom Study

My current position:
    CIO...CHIEF INSULIN OFFICER

"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect"...Margaret Mitchell

"Make it work"...Tim Gunn

((hugs))

My heart hurts for Mel and her family..I hope someday, some how they find peace.
    I am glad she has found some comfort in the outpouring of love and prayers from "our" forum.
    Rose, Mom to
    Samantha, 20 dx 8/1/07
    mm 522, 11/25/07, CGM 9/23/08 College student!
    Jenn nond, age 22

This was posted early on the candle page I started

Would you mind sharing the candle page?

Whenever you are ready, Mel, we are all here......
    Mom to:
    Lindsay, age 11, dx'd age 7 in July 2007;pumping with Minimed (and Novolog) since June 2008

Luke, age 7, non-d

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for your family. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Mom to Mason age 10 dx'd 2/09/10 Type 1
    Pumping with blue ping since 9/23/10

mom to
    kenny 18
    erika 14
    matt 13 dx'd 1-14-07 pumping minimed 723, 2-29-08

fur mom to
    cats skeeter 15 RIP angel boy, jack 8, kitkat 7 holly-dolly 3 gizmo 10 and weasel 3
    grandfurmom to tangy, the tiny baby kitten

Dogs-penelope-8 also type 1 diabetic on humalog
    Yoda 2, who should have been named chewy!.

avatar-chilliebean chillin on his house

A memorial fund has been established to assist the family during their time of need. I've posted the information on my blog, along with links accepting condolence messages. There are also several links to various diabetes advocacy organizations where a memorial contribution can be made. I've included a personal message directed to grieving mothers....though it is most certainly relevant to a grieving father's experience as well. It was written by my mother who lost her oldest child at the age of 9.

To all of us, I pray for the journey ahead.

To Eilish's family....I have no words. Just the pleading in my heart for your peace, strength, and endurance in the time to come.

http://www.candyheartsblog.com/2010/10/whats-next.html
    WENDY
    celiac 9/09
    ADALYNE
    t1d 7/25/05 - 24 months
    celiac 12/08 - 5 years
    PINK PING!
    www.CandyHeartsBlog.com
    It's a sweet adventure full of gluten free goodies!

Wendy,

I think your mother's message is the most helpful thing I've seen for grieving families. Even if people aren't religious, it offers hope and comfort. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and my heart aches so much for Mel. I hope that some day, Mel will be in the same place as your mother.

Rella, mom to Brendan -- 13-yrs-old, dx'd March '08 at 8 years old
    Navigator CGM: 11/08 to 1/11
    Dexcom CGM since 2/11, G4 as of 10/12
    OmniPod since 7/09

Help Cure Childhood Diabetes
    Facebook

Thanks, Rella.

I've learned so much about life from my mom. Witnessing her response to Mark's death has been something that no college degree could ever teach. I truly believe that some of life's greatest accomplishments can't be put in a frame and hung on a wall. It's taken a very long time....over 30 years....for her to come to a place that she could share those words. I'm incredibly proud of her.

I hope her message can offer a glimpse of reprieve to Mel and any other grieving parent who may stumble upon it.
    WENDY
    celiac 9/09
    ADALYNE
    t1d 7/25/05 - 24 months
    celiac 12/08 - 5 years
    PINK PING!
    www.CandyHeartsBlog.com
    It's a sweet adventure full of gluten free goodies!