advertisement

Thread: Accu-Chek aviva errors

Default Accu-Chek aviva errors

Just wondering what the E-7 error code is for, it happens almost everytime we put a strip in the meter. We mainly use a bayer contour, but got these meters and test strips from the trialnet study and Cassidy is liking them a bit better, but I dont want to switch if we are going to be getting errors 9 our of 10 times.
    Chrystelle

Home Schooling mom to Cassidy 11 dx'd 12/16/2009. Pinging (5/11) ,Dexcom (11/11) , last A1c 7.2%, and Skylee 7, non-D.

I can't remember, but did you call Accu chek. They will guide you through and send you a new meter if need be. Customer service is great with them.
    Cindy
    mom to Ryan (age 13), dx May 29,2007 At age 9. pumping with animas Jan.9,2008
    Dexcom started July 2009

Kelsey (age 16) and wife to Bobby for 18 years

Quote Originally Posted by CassiesMama View Post
    Just wondering what the E-7 error code is for, it happens almost everytime we put a strip in the meter. We mainly use a bayer contour, but got these meters and test strips from the trialnet study and Cassidy is liking them a bit better, but I dont want to switch if we are going to be getting errors 9 our of 10 times.
    E-7 means an electronic error occured or a used test strip was removed and re-inserted.
    Turn meter off and on or take battery out for 20 seconds then put back in. Customer care is 1-800-858-8072

We love our Aviva! It may just be that you got a bad one - they will send you another one.
    Kim
    Mom to:
    Jessica, non-D age 20
    and Jackson, D age 16 Dx Jan. 2010
    Pinging with insets
    CGM'ing with the G4!

Thanks I will try that, I know all the strips are new. So if the battery deal dont work will be on the phone with them
    Chrystelle

Home Schooling mom to Cassidy 11 dx'd 12/16/2009. Pinging (5/11) ,Dexcom (11/11) , last A1c 7.2%, and Skylee 7, non-D.

I agree with the others, try the battery trick and then give them a call. Their customer service is great, and they'll send you a new one if you can't get this one to work. Especially if you tell them how much you like it. You should also ask them for a new vial of strips, since you've used up a bunch with the errors.
    Heather
    mum to Campbell (16) dx July 2007, T:slim & Dexcom; & Thomas (12) non-D

Well just called them cause the E-7 was still showing up and I am amazed with the customer service. I love the bayers no coding but when I called their customer care line they were rude. Talking to the Accu-chek people was a very welcome change. I think we are changing meters once and for all now. Plus they are sending me a new meter for this one and a whole box of strips to replace the ones wasted. Said it would be here in 2 days. WOW
    Chrystelle

Quote Originally Posted by CassiesMama View Post
    Well just called them cause the E-7 was still showing up and I am amazed with the customer service. I love the bayers no coding but when I called their customer care line they were rude. Talking to the Accu-chek people was a very welcome change. I think we are changing meters once and for all now. Plus they are sending me a new meter for this one and a whole box of strips to replace the ones wasted. Said it would be here in 2 days. WOW
    accu chek by and far has the BEST customer service of any diabetes related company that I have used in my whole diabetic experience.
    Always helpfull, no problems getting meters or strips or multiclix for free to try out or replaced if there was a problem.
    They even sent me a couple of those new cases free after my online order disapeared.

Charlotte type 1 diabetic since 1990
    mother to Scotty 26 non D and Brianna 11 non D

Type 1 dx Oct 1990, pumping since Sept 2007 with a MM 722 and Novolog
    Named my pump PIF, for purple insulin feeder

Still searching for the right balance
    My bad D days all end in Y.
    Yes, I am the one that's always says I only change my lancet 2 times a year,when the time changes,even if I don't need too,LOL