advertisement

Thread: Dexcom receiver skins

Question Dexcom receiver skins

I went to Dexcoms site today to order a skin for the receiver... $10
    Go to checkout and they want a min. $15 shipping fee?????
    Has anyone ordered one by phone from Dexcom and gotten a better shipping deal?
    I called our rep. but she was no help.

Nevermind, I'm impatient so I called myself. If anyone is interested, you can order the skins by phone from Dexcom and get ground shipping for $5. Much better, so I ordered 2.
    Last edited by Seans Mom; 03-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Barb, Mom to:
    Sean, 10
    dxd 8-21-07
    Pumping w/ Animas 2020 since 3-04-08
    Dexcom 7+ since 09-09-09

Well I totally got ripped off! I should have CALLED!
    SAHM to:

DS 7 yrs old, dx 10/2007
    DS 4 yrs old non-d

Pumping with Omnipod 12/08-12/12, Currently pumping with Animas Ping
    Dexcom 7+ 9/09-present

I didn't buy it for protection, I bought it so Sean could have a change from the black receiver when he wants. Just like the camo and red skins he has for his pump and the groovy patches for his sites.
    I like to give him as much "fun" with this as possible because everything else diabetes SUCKS.

But thanks for the info.
    Barb, Mom to:
    Sean, 10
    dxd 8-21-07
    Dexcom 7+ since 09-09-09

thats crazy why all the differant charges...we have never paid for any skins so far thank goodness
    Misty, dx 1/5/09, Type 1.5, Omnipod, hypothyroidism, endometriosis
    mother to Taylor 9, dx 2/5/08 pumping since 5/1/08 with animas 2020 pink pump, Celiac 4/10,
    pump/cgms'ing with purple Revel 7/13/10

"What dosent kill us makes us stronger!"...but how strong exactly do i have to be?

Customer Service said they don't have the website set up for ground shipping (I'm assuming because they don't want that option for ppl buying sensors).

The cost of the skins are $10 each or a pack of 4 for $28. I would have bought the 4 pack but they don't give the option of replacing the pink skin with another color. The colors are blue, silver, pink and black.
    So we have a blue and silver on the way.

I've not been lucky enough to get many freebies. We did get the red Animas skin from the CDE, but not until after we had bought the camo.
    Barb, Mom to:
    Sean, 10
    dxd 8-21-07
    Dexcom 7+ since 09-09-09

Quote Originally Posted by Seans Mom View Post
    Customer Service said they don't have the website set up for ground shipping (I'm assuming because they don't want that option for ppl buying sensors).

The cost of the skins are $10 each or a pack of 4 for $28. I would have bought the 4 pack but they don't give the option of replacing the pink skin with another color. The colors are blue, silver, pink and black.
    So we have a blue and silver on the way.

I've not been lucky enough to get many freebies. We did get the red Animas skin from the CDE, but not until after we had bought the camo.
    Our Dex rep gave us a blue skin for free when we asked if she had any. But it has long since worn out on the button area and ripped some at the bottom where the charger goes. I asked her if she had another but she was out

I was thinking about ordering the 4 pack, even if I never use the pink one it is still a better price overall. And there may be a little girl with a Dex on here or FB I could give it to if I ever get around to ordering.

I also griped about the shipping and emailed cust service and they said the same thing. They could do $5 ground if I called in the order. I asked if I could just have it included with my sensors and they said they couldn't because it was different than ordering sensors. Not sure what the deal is other than one is a store purchase and the other is a RX purchase that for us goes through Edgepark.
    Jacque
    Mom to:
    Logan, age 6, dx on 10/23/08
    Blue Animas Ping started 12/20/09 ~ Novolog ~ Contact Detach Sets
    Dexcom CGMS started 2/23/09 ~ Dexcom Seven + upgrade 5/22/09, Dexcom G4 started 9/2012
    Kristen, age 22 - Non-D