advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who here plays sports?

Im 17 and i play gaelic football, i usually have to take a chocolate bar or nutrigrain bar before training or playing a match to keep my BS level up and sometimes need to take lucozade during if i go low
    Ciara Keighron
    Type 1 since April '11
    Lantus and NovoRapid
    Pumping may '12 : Medtronic Veo
    A1c at diagnosis 12.3
    Aug A1c - 6.4
    Nov A1c - 6.5
    Feb A1c - 6.9

2. Default

Hey man, I am Diabetic and pole vault in college. I was just searching online to see how many other pole vaulters are diabetic. I have jumped 16 9.5 and my coach told me to look up and see if thats a record of any kind which is why i searched. Your forum popped up. i know this is a few years late but keep up with the sports. I am a exercise physiology major and we always talk about how staying active has so many benefits for diabetics.

Question

i play wheelchair rugby once a week, i find that no matter what my level is before i play i have to eat or i go low, even if my b.g is high, wierd huh?

4. Post Basketball & Soccer

Hey I play many sports and i am new to this so what sould I do at half time.

A: Sould I check meself an eat a snack.
    or
    B:Sould I just eat a snack.

Pleaes help me out and write back choose A or B.

Thanks

Your Friend,
    snowball00

Snowball, you should check yourself first, before you do anything. If you are already below 100, you might need a snack and some juice or fast acting carb to prevent a low. If you are starting out on the higher side, it might be a better idea to eat a really protein-y snack, or wait until you have started exercising to eat a snack. If you are starting out a bit high, and are pumping, running a temporary basal is a great option.
    It's a lot of trial and error, but you'll find what's best for you! Checking first is always a good thing, though .
    20 years old
    T1D 2/7/07
    Hypothyroid 4/24/09
    MM 7/07
    Dexcom 3/12

I've been following couch to 5k, I have every intention of finishing it, just started week 4. I don't plan on doing any sports for school seeing as how I am homeschooled, but rather, run a few 5k.

5k=5 kilometers=3.1 miles.
    Type 1 emo guy in the 10th grade.
    Digital war by Asphyxia

I would have the perfect grades if Algebra did not have letters.

I play basketball, and lift weights for about three hours every other day. I play way more than that during basketball season. I always eat a 30 carb snack and leave my pump running. The snack always contains protein to maintain a steady blood sugar.

i do a lot of netball and hockey, i just test before and disconnect during training/matches. i normally have to do some insulin after though