advertisement

View Poll Results: Is a "closed-loop" system a cure?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 1.72%
  • No

224 96.14%
  • I don't know

5 2.15%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Is a "closed-loop" CGM and Pump a Cure?

No not a cure by any means...we all would still be living with diabetes...well said "Jus a band-aide for now". My little boy would still have diabetes.
    Kim H.
    Austintown, ohio
    mom of
    Gavin 7yrs old Type 1 (dx 10/18/2008)
    Blake & Chase 3 1/2 non-diabetic

Default Nope.

Read James S. Hirsch's "Cheating Destiny: Living with Diabetes, America's Biggest Epidemic" and you'll be as convinced as I am.
    Insulin is and never will be a cure, unfortunatly. As much as in 1922 it was thought to be a cure, and to this day - some still believe - insulin is not a cure.
    What stinks is the technological and human error(s).
    That's what scares me the most when people talk about the "closed loop" system. I've been on the pump since 1998, but I haven't taken the leap to the sensor. I'm 24, not only do I not want another needle to deal with - as well as the possibility of more infection, but I don't want the hassle and the cost to deal with either.
    Trusting this stuff, is a stretch. I plan on waiting it out a good 5 years after it's release... then you know it's tested through and through and they'll be more companies out there with competing techonology.

Until then, it's more pricking and more sticking.

Thumbs down

Hello Sarah Maddie's Mom:

Nothing short of a COMPLETE cure will ever be enough, period! They can pretend anything they wish... it is a lie. They never lie, or bend the truth about anything do they....

No never
    Merely my opinion, I could surely be mistaken...

Stuart