advertisement

Thread: ezmanager max

Angry ezmanager max

so, i got this software thats supposed to make programming your pump and displaying your records so much easier. well i tried to use this stupid thing and all i get is "pump not found" or "meter not found." any ideas?
    Allen
    dx'd Aug. 1999 6 yo.
    16 years old

What cord are you using to connect what? The pump uses a "Dongle" that is Infrared. It plugs into the USB port. You may have to call and request one - I'm not sure they include it initially
    ~Nancy
    Mother to:
    Samantha - 17
    Michael - 14
    Emma - 9 (2/16/05 dx 3/07, dx Celiac 1/10) - Pumping with a Pink Animas Ping!
    as of 9/07
    CGMSing as of 3/26/09 with Navigator, 9/14/12 with Dex 7, 12/5/12 with dex G4

i have the software and the cable, both for the pump and the meter. still neither of the two work
    Allen
    dx'd Aug. 1999 6 yo.
    16 years old

I don't ever download the meter, so I can't help there.

When you plug in the dongle for the pump, is the light on the dongle GREEN. That way you know its connected. Then, make sure you SUSPEND your pump. Hold the dongle up to the BACK of the pump where the port is - then choose download pump on the main download screen. It may take a while to find it.

If it doesn't, it should give you an error - let me know what it is and I can try and help from there.
    ~Nancy
    Mother to:
    Samantha - 17
    Michael - 14
    as of 9/07

you have to hold the back of the ping to the dongle device? or set it at an angle?
    Allen
    dx'd Aug. 1999 6 yo.
    16 years old

I hold the back of the Ping right up against the big end of the Dongle. It usually takes two hands but sometimes I can hold it with one. And it does a full download of EVERYTHING, EVERY TIME - not just the new stuff, so the download is LONG sometimes (10+ minutes)
    ~Nancy
    Mother to:
    Samantha - 17
    Michael - 14
    as of 9/07

We just set the pump on the dongle we do not hold it. However, you do have to make sure the pump does not go into sleep mode. If you are still having problems I would call Animas.
    Kristi mom to son, Kaleb 19 dx 12-15-07 pumping with blue PING 11-17-08 and daughter, Riley 13, non-D
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

have you figured it out yet..
    Allyson~15
    Dx'd 3/24/03(at 8)
    Pumping w/Cozmo~ 10/05
    Pumping with a Animas Ping 6/09

I had troubles downloading the first couple of times.... under the read me file and it shows how to hold the pump so the window in the back is lined up with the infrared window of the dongle.

The other part I noticed is you have to choose what meter you have top box has a drop down menu "insulin pump model"...click on your meter type....ours is ping.

then for the second window "communication port": select scan all ports. (unless you know your ports by name )
    dx 6/08 at age 12
    Pumping Ping 12/09
    inset/one touch