advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldfish-like crackers?

Default Goldfish-like crackers?

My friend is craving goldfish style crackers that are gluten free. Does anyone know of such a product?

Also, does anyone know of any gluten free cheese-doodle type snacks?

Ellen, I found a couple of websites that you may already know about, but they are www.allergygrocer.com, and www.missroben.com. They have some mock goldfish crackers on one of them and I think a recipe on the other one. Good luck to you.
    Becky, Mother of 3
    April-dx 11-13-06 (8 years old)
    Ben-non-d (11 years old)
    Trey-non-d (15 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Also, does anyone know of any gluten free cheese-doodle type snacks?
    Hi Ellen,

Would Cheetos classify as a cheese doodle?

Cheetos and a host of other FritoLay products are GF.

*Our LAY’S® STAX® chips (all flavors) are made on gluten free lines, thus all LAY’S® STAX® products are free of gluten.

*The above products do not contain gluten; however, they are produced on the same line as our products that do contain gluten. Although the lines are washed between batches, a slight residue may remain on the lines. Individuals who are extremely sensitive may be affected.

All Frito-Lay products are labeled accurately with the most current ingredient information. Frito-Lay makes every effort to maintain this list; however, since the ingredients in our snacks are subject to change at any time, we recommend that you check the label on a specific product for the most current and accurate nutritional information. If you need assistance, please contact Frito-Lay Consumer Affairs toll-free at 1-800-352-4477 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.
    Al
    Gluten Intolerance Group of East Central WI Branch Manager
    GFNavigator.org

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." ~ Mother Teresa

Thanks Al. I also found some Robert's brand snacks for her. But I have not yet found the already prepared mock goldfish snacks anywhere.

Hi Ellen,

I haven't seen any either...BUT....there is a recipe for a Flourless Goldfish Type Cracker.
    Al
    Gluten Intolerance Group of East Central WI Branch Manager
    GFNavigator.org

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." ~ Mother Teresa

Thanks Al. I saw the recipe. Have you ever tried it? The friend is a young grad student who is looking for easy to grab snacks...not sure she wants to take the time from her busy school/social life/boyfriend/joy of youth, to stop and bake the crackers :-). She's really precious and appreciates the conveniences of the GF product manufacturers.

7. Default

Utz brand chips and cheese doodles are gluten free. Also, so are the naturals... And cheetos. I have a green Gluten Free Grocery book that is very handy (ordered online) and it gives all kinds of foods that are gluten free! It is very helpful for my daughter who also loves goldfish and cheese doodles. I have not found a GF already made goldfish yet but am on the look-out!

A

I purchase T the Schar Gluten Free Cheese Bites. Her kindergarten class eats Goldfish and Cheese Its often and the Cheese Bites are a good substitute for her. The Bites are in different shapes--circles, squares and diamonds.
    Michelle O
    Mom to 3 DDs-
    T age 6, dxd 7/13/06, pumping minimed 522 2/16/07-new pink Revel 1/2011
    E age 12
    L age 20
    Wife of Loving DH Bob, dxd 1967, pumping minimed 722 1/04, cgms-ing 12/07

I tried the Mrs. Roben's goldfish substitute - ick!

I haven't seen Schar has one. I'll have to look for those since we've liked most of their items. What I did just find recently was a cheese cracker by Welllaby's. Even my oldest daughter tried it and said, "It's a Cheez-it."

http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalo...rs-p-1833.html
    God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!
    Carol

Homeschooling mom to
    A dx. Hashi's 9/08, Celiac 10/08 and
    N dx. T1D 10/05, Celiac 6/08, pumped with Animas from 1/06-7/13, currently MDI (unexpected side effect of Diabetes Camp )

We're liking the Schar products, too. I can find them in our local grocery store which saves a trip to the gluten free store!
    Michelle O
    Mom to 3 DDs-
    T age 6, dxd 7/13/06, pumping minimed 522 2/16/07-new pink Revel 1/2011
    E age 12
    L age 20
    Wife of Loving DH Bob, dxd 1967, pumping minimed 722 1/04, cgms-ing 12/07